Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
We got a Gazebo recently. Set it up last night just to check it out. I think we're really going to like it.

Is it the five sided one or six sided one ? What do you think about breathability (air flow) for your climate. Did you get the tent side panels as well for cold weather ?

Reactions: ❤️Lovey❤️

Twisted

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

NW Oregon
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Carroll
Member #

Is it the five sided one or six sided one ? What do you think about breathability (air flow) for your climate. Did you get the tent side panels as well for cold weather ?
It's the 5 sider. Can't speak much on breathability nor do I know how to explain it anyways. I can say that it is a very fine mesh and I can see how it will slow down the wind at the least. I don't know that I'd guess it to not breath though.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
It's the 5 sider. Can't speak much on breathability nor do I know how to explain it anyways. I can say that it is a very fine mesh and I can see how it will slow down the wind at the least. I don't know that I'd guess it to not breath though.
The reason I am concerned about it being able to breath is that I like camping out in the 5500 to 6500 foot altitude areas of the southwest. The sun gets hot at this altitude. Shade is needed, air flow is necessary to keep the air inside the tent cool. We have nice cool breezes at this altitude which make it feel nice as long as there is shade to get out of the hot sun. My though is that I might have to buy something cheesy with less quality material just to get ventilation. Some of the best camp sites in NM are near water but without shade it is unbearable hot even when the temp is only 80 degrees the sun will burn you badly in 15-20 minutes with a breeze helping it along. Another thought is that the six sided one is larger with bigger door openings which might also be cooler than the smaller tent.
I welcome anyones thoughts on this subject if you care to jump in. Thank you Twisted

Chewbacca

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Logan, UT
Member #

I just got a T3 tent and my cot is a little long for it. What cot fits? Does anyone have experience with a double cot?

Reactions: dziner

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I just got a T3 tent and my cot is a little long for it. What cot fits? Does anyone have experience with a double cot?
It appears the T3 tent is 6 feet x 6 feet square ay the ground level according to Gazelle. Amazon has most of the major cot listed and they vary from 74" to 80". The T3 is not built for cots evidently. If you want a cot you should have bought the T4 which is 8'x8' square. Sorry, it looks like if you use the T3 you will have to sleep diagonally or sleep in a sleeping bag.. Lanlubber

Reactions: Graeman

SandlapperOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

What kind of cot are you using?

I’m ordering a disc-o-bed (bunk cots) that I’m hoping will fit diagonally. The math teacher wife says they would at least.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
What kind of cot are you using?

I’m ordering a disc-o-bed (bunk cots) that I’m hoping will fit diagonally. The math teacher wife says they would at least.
corner to corner dimension id 8'- 5 53/64 to be exact. But you will lose about 2' - 0 " because of the bunk width.
So you will have almost 6' - 6", a little tight for an 6'- 8"" bunk. Maybe yours is in the 74-75" category. The sidewalls
of the tent will give a little I would think..Check with your wife though my math is a little rusty.

SandlapperOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Charleston, SC
First Name
Jon
Last Name
T
Member #

corner to corner dimension id 8'- 5 53/64 to be exact. But you will lose about 2' - 0 " because of the bunk width.
So you will have almost 6' - 6", a little tight for an 6'- 8"" bunk. Maybe yours is in the 74-75" category. The sidewalls
of the tent will give a little I would think..Check with your wife though my math is a little rusty.
If all fails, I’m blaming her math errors as my excuse to buy a T4 or T4 Plus. The only person she can blame is herself :-)

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
If all fails, I’m blaming her math errors as my excuse to buy a T4 or T4 Plus. The only person she can blame is herself :-)
I hate to say it but I think that is what you should do anyway. You can sell the T3 to someone on OB or Craig's list and only take a small beating. I didn't even know they sell bunk beds in cot form. I have a scamp rv trailer that I use for now but I'm building a Land rover discovery for deeper penetration into the woods, so I will be buying the T4 and a cot probably. I like space if I can get it. I may even go the T5 route with the extra side panels so I can get real comfortable.

Reactions: dziner and Shamu

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
After checking on bunk beds this morning I doubt anything other than a youth bed will fit in the T3 tent. Bunks are 35" + wide and up to 85" long. You'll need a bigger tent keeping in mind the tent narrows down from the ground upward a bit. So you don't have 6' at mid height of tent. The T5 is floorless but a rug will handle that, but the T4 has a floor which I like better even if the T5 is bigger in size. I'm not to sure I wouldn't buy the CORE T9 if I wanted bunks. Here is a site.

Mattyspies3

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Seattle, WA, USA
Member #

Love the T4. As I sat and watched campers fight to put their tents up and pack them up I could only laugh. I had people at three campgrounds come and ask me about it after watching mine go up in a minute. Highly recommend!

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

Love the T4. As I sat and watched campers fight to put their tents up and pack them up I could only laugh. I had people at three campgrounds come and ask me about it after watching mine go up in a minute. Highly recommend!
I had that same exact experience at Expo East last fall. That time was actually the first time I had set up my T4 and it went exactly as advertised. Later that day a few people asked me about it. Fast forward to the next morning and their previous tent was now replaced with a Gazelle. This repeated itself two more times at Expo East! I almost felt like I should have got a commission from Gazelle!

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The Alps Mountaineering Ready Lite Cot (78”x28”x7.5”) fits inside the Gazelle T3 diagonally & straight across.
View attachment 106592View attachment 106593View attachment 106594View attachment 106595
So according to your pictures the t3 is actually bigger than what gazelle says it is ? The dimensions 8 gazelle supplies say that it is 6' - 0" x 6' - 0"( 72"x72"). How do you put a 78" bed in it and still have clearance ? I think you have a t4 tent or someone's info is wrong. I know pictures don't lie !!

Shamu

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alamogordo, New Mexico
First Name
John
Last Name
Markle
Member #

So according to your pictures the t3 is actually bigger than what gazelle says it is ? The dimensions 8 gazelle supplies say that it is 6' - 0" x 6' - 0"( 72"x72"). How do you put a 78" bed in it and still have clearance ? I think you have a t4 tent or someone's info is wrong. I know pictures don't lie !!
A combination of smoke, mirrors, and magnets!
The Gazelle website lists the T3 at 76”x76” deployed. Our recent trip to the Canyonlands, my brother used a cot that fit easily at 75” but was bulky to pack. Not a problem since he drove his pickup but would be a different story with my TJ. Our bud brought his old backpacking tent and an Alps cot. He now owns a T3 after seeing the ease of setup & takedown plus the comfort of walking into the tent vs. crawling. I now own an Alps cot (takes some effort to assemble but is very compact when packed, perfect for my TJ).

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
A combination of smoke, mirrors, and magnets!
The Gazelle website lists the T3 at 76”x76” deployed. Our recent trip to the Canyonlands, my brother used a cot that fit easily at 75” but was bulky to pack. Not a problem since he drove his pickup but would be a different story with my TJ. Our bud brought his old backpacking tent and an Alps cot. He now owns a T3 after seeing the ease of setup & takedown plus the comfort of walking into the tent vs. crawling. I now own an Alps cot (takes some effort to assemble but is very compact when packed, perfect for my TJ).
Thanks, I can see from some assembled pictures of T3 that it does bow outward on all sides which is where the extra inches must come from. I have more space in my rig than you do and I want the extra ceiling height of the T4 over the T3, so I will go for the T4 and have plenty of space for me and a sitting area for my blow up easy chair and side table.
I am also looking at the Alps mountaineering 4 or 6 because of the straight walls, and 84" height. Best thing is it's over a hundred dollars cheaper than a Gazelle (probably built cheaper) and has good ratings from buyers. If it tears up it's no real loss at $150. I may give it a try at least for one year.
Lanlubber

Reactions: Shamu

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
The wife and I just bought a queen size air mattress for our T4. It fit with room to spare!
You made a good choice IMO. Two adults need to be comfortable and the cost difference between the T3 and T4 is insignificant. Let us all know if it suits your needs when you get a chance.
Lanlubber