John
Last Name
Shields
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0GZI
Service Branch
US Army
Another category to consider might be communications/ham radio, and have the call sign etched.
I'll second this! Very important to know who can communicate over longer distances.

Phil Preston

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Shelbyville, KY USA
First Name
Phil
Last Name
Preston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4LET
Service Branch
First Responder
I've been watching these forums a while now but became an official member today (#10171).
Congrats on the membership
Another category to consider might be communications/ham radio, and have the call sign etched.
I also like that ideal.

Reactions: Plisken

FlightBenja

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nebraska
First Name
Ben
Last Name
George
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K0RSI
Does anyone know if this still going one. Any idea on an ETA of when you'll be releasing these? I'd love to get one.
Flight Paramedic here

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Yes it is! The first prototypes are being manufactured right now. We had a delay because we did not like the original design once we got it. The new design is much better! We are trying to complete the first production run by the end of next month.

Cheers!

M

FlightBenja

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Nebraska
First Name
Ben
Last Name
George
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K0RSI
Yes it is! The first prototypes are being manufactured right now. We had a delay because we did not like the original design once we got it. The new design is much better! We are trying to complete the first production run by the end of next month.

Cheers!

M
Awesome!

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Hey Michael, how would we go about getting these first responder emblems. I’ve been putting the word out there about OB here at Livermore Pleasanton FD and have had an overwhelmingly positive response and interest. It would be cool to rock one on the Jeep here at work. Thanks!

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey guys,

We received the 2nd prototype today! Here is an image. Please let me know what you think. This is the "First Responder" version. All other rockers would be similar in style, but with the appropriate icon. Let me know what you think. We do not HAVE to go into production on these, and can iterate. We thought this design was more cohesive with the emblem then the previous version.

rocker-1.jpg

Sheepdog831

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Boulder Creek CA
Member #

Hey guys,

We received the 2nd prototype today! Here is an image. Please let me know what you think. This is the "First Responder" version. All other rockers would be similar in style, but with the appropriate icon. Let me know what you think. We do not HAVE to go into production on these, and can iterate. We thought this design was more cohesive with the emblem then the previous version.

View attachment 54698
I think they look sharp!!! I agree wholeheartedly with one of our officers in the rank. We need to honor our LEO’s but more importantly, we need to protect them. I’m not a fan of having our rank or anything easy for the public to identify us, ie. “Officer Smith”. I do like the idea of maybe a star of life for EMS, Maltese cross for Fire / Rescue, and a badge for LEO. I think they should be clear for members to recognize, but subtle for the general public to walk right past without noticing. Maybe the font could simply read “Defender” on all of them. Kind of like the defender or guardian badge. And the small symbol would identify our profession. Then we could extend this edition to military personnel using the symbol from their respective branch of the service. You can use guardian for public safety and use defender for military. Just brainstorming, hope it helps bro!

Last edited:

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Please take my money! Love the look of these. I also agree with comment ^ in these times removal of "OFC" or Officer should probably be done for individual safety.

Reactions: Michael

theBROFESSOR

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Conway, Arkansas
Member #

Very cool. Love them and thank you again for doing this. In today's world public servants are most of the time seen in a negative light. This deepens my love and devotion to this organization with your effort to show your appreciation for the jobs we have given our lives to. I have no input on what it looks like or changes that can be made. Just the fact that you are doing it means a lot to me. Thank you.