Father/Son Tat Trip- 2016 T4R Trail Premium

• HTML tutorial

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

Please pardon my ignorance. What is the best way to ask one of the mods where the most appropriate place to document the trip? I know they have a lot of work keepin up with the forum and don't want to upset anyone with having to move threads. Can't believe we have had almost 1600 views thus far with so much great feedback. Just trying to do the right thing and would love to share our adventure in the right spot. Thanks in advance for any advice. Have a great remainder of the Sunday all.

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Please pardon my ignorance. What is the best way to ask one of the mods where the most appropriate place to document the trip? I know they have a lot of work keepin up with the forum and don't want to upset anyone with having to move threads. Can't believe we have had almost 1600 views thus far with so much great feedback. Just trying to do the right thing and would love to share our adventure in the right spot. Thanks in advance for any advice. Have a great remainder of the Sunday all.
I bet @Steve would be happy to help and guide you in the right direction.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

Thanks to @Steve for some direction on the trip thread. Will start that this week and post the link. We leave two weeks from this Wednesday so we can start the trip thread with prep done so far that is trip specific. Would love for you all to check in.

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

Alright. Because I can't just accept the fact that I am more than ready for our Trans America Trail trip, and my aforementioned OCD and inability to leave things alone, I think I will try to furnish a DIY awning this weekend. I completely blew out the original budget (would've been fired last month for such poor management) so I cannot buy an awning at this point. Will give it a shot and post what I come up with. Only one more weekend after this one before we take off. Thanks again to the OB community for showing so much support throughout this project. I really have zero experience in these forums and social media and stuff like that. Can't believe we have almost 1800 views. Still blows my mind. Probably not a lot at all, but pretty cool for us. When it's all said and done, I will print the entire thread and put it together with all photo, video, and written documentation of my son and I's trip to give to him for the memories. Probably sounds cheesy, but that was what documenting this whole thing was ever really about. The new thread will be up soon for the trip portion in the appropriate space soon. Will post a link to that one here once up and going. Would love for you all to follow along and give comments, feedback, suggestions etc on that as well. Have a good night all.

Reactions: Steve

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

One of the finishing touches I was thinking about requires me to make yet another bracket. Thanks to a forum member here @kg6zjl I may have found exactly what I need to save a lot of time. Love the info you get here on OB.

Reactions: Daryl 32

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

Alright. So I removed the back seats today and packed as if we were leaving tomorrow and everything is going to fit great. Aso went and bought a bunch of parts to build my DIY awning. Will start tonight and hope to mostly finish by tomorrow. Love the weekend projects.

Reactions: Daryl 32

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

A lot of progress today but didn't get to complete the awning. Spent 4 hours polishing and waxing the wife's car. Should finish by mid week and will post some pics. I really think it's going to come out pretty good. All in, I am at about $80 in parts.

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

UPS man came today and brought some goodies. Got my upright poles for the awning. This is the last piece of the puzzle for the DIY awning which I am hoping to finish tomorrow afternoon. Will certainly post pics of the finished product. Also, the UPS man brought my new aluminum housing for the GoPro and the Rode Mic so we can hopefully do the walk around video this weekend. This is an ambitious task as I have no idea how to post to YouTube. If it works, we will post this link. Tomorrow is officially one week out till we set off on the Father/Son TAT trip. Super psyched.

GSDforLife

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Hudson Valley, NY
Member #

Well, we are one week out before taking off so I have started a thread to document the trip so things are kept in the appropriate place on the forum. We still have some things to do to the rig and will certainly update here, but please do feel free to follow us along on the trip at the thread here

https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/transamerica-trail-father-son-trip.8159/

Or check out the Instagram in our signature and thanks again to the OB folks who have checked it out and really provided some great feedback and ideas. This whole build and prep has gone so much better largely in part because of the vast amount of information we got here. Have a great day.

Reactions: A10MileHusker