Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
we will be heading out to Moab fri the 22nd and camping in Moab for that night. The next day we will setout to Lockhart Basin and begin the trail. after the first section going up through the canyon ( this will take a while ) we will setup camp for the evening. on sunday it will be a nice travel through the rest of the trail down to highway 211 and the 191.

this trail is rated difficult because of the first part going through the canyon. it does take skill and vehicle capability.

we will be taking our 17 taco and 91 fj80 for our rigs.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
Hey just wanted to let everyone know that this is still going to happen!!

We plan on being in moab either Thursday night or Fri morning hitting trails around the area. Not starting Lockhart until sat morning as planed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using OB Talk mobile app

Texploration

Rank IV

Influencer II

Dallas
when is the last time you scouted? When I was there two weeks ago, LB wasn't passable by sxs, motorcycle, jk on 40's etc.

Unless it has changed in the past couple weeks (which it hasn't) you're not making it through the first three miles and it isn't wide enough for a vehicle to turn around so you're going to be trapped. Have your trip organizer PM me for more details.

Ninja edit: You may also cal Tom at basecamp adventure lodge and ask him for current intel as he is right up the trail and patrols it every week or so to rescue those that think they can do it. If you call or email him, tell him Terra Firma Roamers sends love

Reactions: SinCityOverland

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
to those who still want to make it to this event we will still be going to moab. might be doing a different trail. we will scout things out when we get there on thurday or fri and figure out if lockhart is doable by then or if we will be doing something else.. either way there are plenty of trials and things to do.

SinCityOverland

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
shaun
Last Name
field
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
a hole
Canceling the event. May still go out for a day that weekend but there was not enough intrest in this to make it an actual event. Hopefully we can set things up further out in the future to give people more time to see the event and plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using OB Talk mobile app

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

For what it's worth, I was in Torrey, UT in the Grand Staircase/Escalante region Sept. 14th when it received an absolute deluge of rain. Nearly all unpaved roads closed and no where to camp due to all the standing water. It was more water than I have personally seen in the area. (I was in the same area mid September 20015 when much less rain caused 20 deaths in SE Utah from Flash Floods) We had to abandon our plan to backpack Coyote Gulch and went SW to the Mojave, Death Valley & Owen's Valley instead. I dont' know if the Moab area received as heavy of rains but the weather was tracking NE from our location which should be about a direct hit. Even in CA, recent heavy rainfall had damaged much in the Mojave & Death Valley with several areas closed. My Mom (aka Trail Fox/OB#6790) just returned to the Boulder, UT area today to hike Upper Calf Creek. It is better now but I think you might have really found the trails in poor shape!

Reactions: Mogwai