End of the Oregon Trail Meet Up- West Linn, OR

• HTML tutorial

Interested in making this a potluck lunch?

• Total voters

K7CWJ

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Keizer, OR
Member #

Megan & I (Court) had a great time seeing all those great rigs and overlanders today! We only wish we had more time to meet more of you folks. Lots of thanks to Joel for organizing the meet-up! Thanks for making room for the Outback too BTW - she'll be about 3 to 4 inches taller the next time you see her :-) We can't wait to tackle the OBDR this summer with Mike McCarthy!

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Perhaps our next meet-up can be beer-friendly (safely, of course). I'm not saying beer helps me talk to strangers, but... no, wait, that is what I'm saying!
Had to keep my landlord happy.... but there are all sorts of places to meet up...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

It was great seeing you all there, lots of nice rigs. The snacks were delicious. I'm glad I made the drive and traffic wasn't bad at all. Special thanks to all those that made the get together possible!
Glad you made it home safe! You get the award for the longest drive for sure. See you on the trail!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

NoahGenda

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

On the road
Member #

Echoing others, I had a great time and it was nice to meet some people and pick their brains!

B Wild, I meant to ask you how your paracord limb risers work but never saw you to ask.

B Wild

Rank VII
Supporter
Investor

Creator I

Issaquah, Washington
First Name
Neil
Last Name
Hall
Member #

Echoing others, I had a great time and it was nice to meet some people and pick their brains!

B Wild, I meant to ask you how your paracord limb risers work but never saw you to ask.
Paracord limb risers do stretch a little but work great for sure. The larger the better. You can also braid smaller ones to make them stronger.

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

STPICKENS

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Evansville, WY, USA 82636
First Name
SHAUN
Last Name
PICKENS
Member #

Fingers crossed next time we get something other than just a bunch of Toyotas...(insert winking smiley face emoticon here so everyone knows I'm joking, but also I don't believe in using emoticons so here's this string of text instead)
I was there with my pathfinder! [emoji16]it was parked in the very first spot as you drive in. I have the -2" factory sagged out suspension lift on it. Next go around it won't hide it. It will be much more improved [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

OK, it sounds like we all had a great time this past Sunday, checking out the rides, snacking a little and visiting. After decompressing yesterday, I thought that one individual went above and beyond to help me make this event a success. That would be Brandon, or @Mottotaco as he's known here. For his efforts in rallying the troops and making the day what it was, I would like to share one of my Challenge coins with him as thanks for the help and a job well done. Stop by sometime, Brandon, and bring that drone. I need to check that thing out!

ChallengeCoins.jpg

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Wow! Great turn out today! Thanks to everyone that came by to visit and share their overlanding rigs. Not sure how many rigs rolled in, but the lot was full. Here's a team photo!

View attachment 15167
You guys this is an awesome photo and it looks like an awesome event! I'm so glad you guys all got together!

Reactions: LawnDart

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Great meet! Great to meet a lot of you and see your builds! Here are a few photos from drone, i will be editing photos and videos soon and get them posted in the next day or so. Thank you to everyone that made it and a BIG thank you to Joel for the great planning and hospitality.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
You guys are quite the spectacle!