End of the Oregon Trail Meet Up- West Linn, OR

• HTML tutorial

Interested in making this a potluck lunch?

• Total voters

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Ok, technically the end of the Oregon Trail is across the Willamette River from here, but we needed a cool name for this Meet Up...

Date: Sunday, January 29th, 2017
Time: 1:00PM-2:30PM
Where: Royal Treatment Fly Fishing- lower parking lot
21570 Willamette Drive, West Linn, OR
What: Overland Bound Portland, OR area meet up.

I will update the event as we firm things up a little more. Perhaps this would make a good time to plan a few spring/summer adventures.

UPDATE!!!!!!!

This will be a casual Stone Soup Potluck/picnic. Bring something to share if you wish, but bringing food is not required. I will have a warm pot of my wife's world famous Hearty Beans bubbling on the camp stove and perhaps some fresh corn bread muffins....and coffee.

If you are coming, please reply and list what, if anything, you will be bringing to share. ( Chips, pop, hotdogs, cookies, salad, whatever.)

I would encourage everyone to bring their favorite coffee mug and camp dining gear (bowls, plates, forks, spoons, glasses) to make this a zero waste event. Leave no trace, even in a parking lot.

This is a family friendly event. Please, no alcoholic beverages on site.

If you're coming, sing out!

DustyTrail.jpg

Last edited:

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Ok, technically the end of the Oregon Trail is across the Willamette River from here, but we needed a cool name for this Meet Up...

Date: Sunday, January 29th, 2017
Time: 1:00PM-2:30PM
Where: Royal Treatment Fly Fishing- lower parking lot
21570 Willamette Drive, West Linn, OR
What: Overland Bound Portland, OR area meet up.

I will update the event as we firm things up a little more. Perhaps this would make a good time to plan a few spring/summer adventures.

View attachment 11069
Awesome! I'll be returning to work after a 3 month absence this Monday, but barring any tradeshows, I reckon I'll be there! Thanks for working on this!

Reactions: NWNavigator

NetDep

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

St. George, UT, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
G
Member #

Put this on the calendar -- is this a special occasion (given the cool name) or a regular meetup? I know they're all special but wondered if there was something special going on......:grinning:

Reactions: The_Just

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Put this on the calendar -- is this a special occasion (given the cool name) or a regular meetup? I know they're all special but wondered if there was something special going on......:grinning:
Just a chance to meet local Overland Bound members. Maybe plan an adventure.... hope to see you on Jan. 29th!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: The_Just

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

I'd love to but that's too late on a Sunday for me to have a 4-5 hour drive north to get home. I prefer to leave the Portland area by 10am at the latest on Sundays.
Gig Harbor-0330.jpg

Understand completely @Snowtrout , that Seattle traffic is brutal. When I have to head north I travel up through Gig Harbor and Port Townsend, then take the ferry to Couperville. May not save any time, but the scenery is much better. Stay in touch and maybe we can plan an adventure up your way. I'm wanting to visit the Olympic National Park this spring/summer and just poke around the peninsula a little. It's going to be a big Pink Salmon year, so I plan on hauling my Whaler up and pulling on a few with a fly rod. I normally base out of Gig Harbor, but may explore the Port Ludow area. My sister has a place I can camp and launch the boat.

Last edited:

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Does this still look like a go with weather issues??
Weather, what weather? We have snow right now and 21 degrees, but it should be gone next week. Rain is in the forecast for the foreseeable future... so we are a go! I'm guessing no one melts if exposed to H2O so we should be good. There is a covered area to visit and meet up. I'll have my awning out too. Worst case we open up the shop and drink coffee inside...