Status
Not open for further replies.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Things are still a real mess. As is common with these sorts of upgrades, they create new problems and don't really fix anything. A headache for everyone. I simply don't get why so many forum owners try to fix stuff that wasn't broken. Change for the sake of change...

Reactions: JungleSkunk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

There were some fixes done last night and a reboot.
@Steve are you still seeing the scrolling?
@CSG I agree with if it aint broke... In this case, we were on an old version of the software and it sounds like xenforo. As is the norm for software companies, I bet they are not going to be supporting that version anymore. Which to most folks means nothing, but for folks like me who live in the SaaS world, no more security updates, no more updates when browsers move forward and the software doesn't jive, ect... updating is a necessary evil sometimes. We will iron this stuff out and get everything smooth for yall. Sorry for the disruptions.

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

@Steve are you still seeing the scrolling?
Nope, that's fixed now. Thanks!

Other things I've noticed (unless there's a better thread to list these)

The semi-supported Default Theme does not have the down-arrow to expand the member profile. Not really a big deal, as it is easy enough to click on the Member's name and get their pop-up profile.

There used to be a mechanism to let the member pick which award/badge was displayed under their avatar, plus, my preferred option, not showing the badge at all. That seems to have gone missing. Actually the whole badge part seems to be not finished. The lists of available badges used to show which ones were accomplished, and the date they were awarded. That's no longer the case. And under the "My Badges" tab, it lists the three badge tracks we have earned badges within, but does not expand to show which badges. And back on the user profile, everyone seems to have just the Contributor I badge no matter what higher levels they've earned.

You know that my opinion is to not have the badge game at all, to eliminate the endless silly Q&A posts just to accomplish the goals. But if we're still going to have the badges, they might as well work.

My avatar needed replaced after the change, too. Don't know how that happened.

Thanks!

[EDIT] Forgot: On a reasonably sized window (about 60% width on my 27" screen), several of the menu choices are hidden behind the search, member detail, and inbox on the two OLB themes, requiring clicking the side scroll arrow to see Members, Badges, and Calendar. They are all still all visible on my preferred Default Style. Maybe remove the icons and reduce text size to show them all?

Last edited:

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
If I try to login from the Home page I get this Securi Website Firewall message. But if I go to Forums I can login. I did clear the cookies & cache.

If I go back to the Home page, it shows that I am not logged in. Back to Forums and I am still logged in.

This happens on Mac and Linux computers. Firefox and Brave browsers. Both are up to date.

Attachments

Reactions: Michael

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

If I try to login from the Home page I get this Securi Website Firewall message. But if I go to Forums I can login. I did clear the cookies & cache.

If I go back to the Home page, it shows that I am not logged in. Back to Forums and I am still logged in.

This happens on Mac and Linux computers. Firefox and Brave browsers. Both are up to date.
That happened (at least to me) before the update and still does.

I agree with Steve about the badges. Either get them to work or drop the whole thing.

Reactions: JungleSkunk

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Thanks, I've reported to dev.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
I was seeing what you see yesterday but its all corrected for me now. I'm on Firefox too. Try clearing the cache and if its still looking that way I can have the devs dig deeper.
Also - we are updating the badge system to show the latest badge, which it does not, currently.

Reactions: ArmyofMike

Cendee

SE Member Representative
Launch Member
Supporter

Influencer III

West Haven, UT, USA
First Name
Cendee
Last Name
Bjerregaard
Member #

My maps or rally points are still not working. It tells me to login, I click login and it says you are already to logged in. Try to say that fast 3 times. LOL. :0)

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Rubicoma

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Chesterfield, VA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE4GIV
I am logged into the site but can't log into the store (Was going to check the discount on the tent).
Enter e-mail & password. Sends me to "I am not a bot" then back to login again.
My maps or rally points are still not working. It tells me to login, I click login and it says you are already to logged in. Try to say that fast 3 times. LOL. :0)
Home page, Rally Point and Map still shows me not logged in but in forums and Calendar I am logged in.

Lost-Again

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Texas
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Again
Member #

Hello. I’m not sure what’s going on but I received a “problem” issue and to contact support.

Thanks!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I’m not sure what’s going on but I received a “problem” issue and to contact support.

Thanks!
Passed on to see whats up with the request.

Status
Not open for further replies.