Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

haha, sometimes it takes a little bit for cached data to be replaced in all places. Let me know if the old one pops up somewhere.

Chingon_Grandpa

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

what did you change the name to?
Chris, Check it out...this is whst showed up last night..i had changed avatar and name last week . The photo chaned but not name. 79 GMCbeast still came up..When i click, it takes me to my info page with previous nameScreenshot_20190215-072326.jpeg

Orca18

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Marcos, CA
Member #

Sorry if this is wrong place to post but how does one change birthday on profile. I can’t be having people think I’m 43 when I’m only 42. Thanks!

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Will the displayed member numbers come back as they were in the previous incarnation of the OB forum?

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 88371
are you still having this issue now?
Sorry to say this but I just tried to reply to a post with links to different threads and it still is stating I need at least 3 characters. This is the same as the email I sent to you this afternoon.

Edited comment at 10:53 PM:
So after some deleting and reentering of text I got it to work. I'll keep you posted if issues still persist.

BTW, liking the new look and functions. :sunglasses:

Last edited:

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

View attachment 88371
Sorry to say this but I just tried to reply to a post with links to different threads and it still is stating I need at least 3 characters. This is the same as the email I sent to you this afternoon.

Edited comment at 10:53 PM:
So after some deleting and reentering of text I got it to work. I'll keep you posted if issues still persist.

BTW, liking the new look and functions. :sunglasses:
Dang. Ok we will get this resolved for you.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Sorry if this is wrong place to post but how does one change birthday on profile. I can’t be having people think I’m 43 when I’m only 42. Thanks!
up in the top right of the forums, there is a pic of you and your name. Click that to reveal this menu. Then click account details. You can edit any of those details from there.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

They should be back now. let me know if you don't see em
I don't. Using current version of Firefox FWIW - 65.0.01

I should add that I'm seeing weird stuff with badges under my member tag to the left of my posts. Yesterday, they were scrolling and today there's a long list of different badges I've gone through from Contributor l down to Advocate III.

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I don't. Using current version of Firefox FWIW - 65.0.01

I should add that I'm seeing weird stuff with badges under my member tag to the left of my posts. Yesterday, they were scrolling and today there's a long list of different badges I've gone through from Contributor l down to Advocate III.
I was seeing what you see yesterday but its all corrected for me now. I'm on Firefox too. Try clearing the cache and if its still looking that way I can have the devs dig deeper.

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Nope. Not seeing that after clearing cache and cookies (all). Matter of fact, the site wouldn't let me log in. I repeatedly got account locked messages and after about the 6-7th attempt I got in.

Here's what I see with the info below the member tag scrolling right to left through all the badges.

Now, after posting, it looks like this again:

Last edited:

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

Nope. Not seeing that after clearing cache and cookies (all). Matter of fact, the site wouldn't let me log in. I repeatedly got account locked messages and after about the 6-7th attempt I got in.

Here's what I see with the info below the member tag scrolling right to left through all the badges.

View attachment 88447
Now, after posting, it looks like this again:

View attachment 88455
Notified dev. This could be theme related but will check. (there are some theme options at the bottom)

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

Notified dev. This could be theme related but will check. (there are some theme options at the bottom)
I rotated through the themes with no effect on what I'm seeing outside of the colors. And now, all the badge symbols are showing as broken.

Just for grins and giggles, I logged in with Safari and all the same issues I brought up are evident here too. Point is, I think you've got some bigger issues. I never understand these changes for what seems to be the sake of change. The old forum software worked fine from a user perspective.

Last edited:

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Safari on a Mac here. I was seeing the long list that @CSG posted yesterday, but today it is back to one item below th Member banner that continually scrolls what are apparently awards/badges we've earned. The badge icons show in OLB Dark and Default, but are broken in OLB Light.

Also, on a 27" screen, seeing several member's information at one, with all of them scrolling badges is really distracting. There needs to be an option to turn that effect off!

[EDIT] Oops! Spoke to soon. Now I have a long list of all the badges I've earned, so my one post scrolls off the bottom of the screen and most of another.

Status
Not open for further replies.