Customer and Technical Support - Email info@overlandbound.com

• Guest, You can choose a light or dark theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" botton at the very bottom left of this page!

Chris Jones

Online Community Director
Staff member

Advocate III

Methuen, MA
Member #

Getting notifications from what looks like the dev site, 30 so far this morning. Please kill the group message "testing" and/or "testing testing" and/or other related threads. Clicking "Leave Conversation" has not stopped it.
That is what Michael is referring to in his post above yours. We are working on it. Not an instant fix in this case. We are close though. Hang tight.

Michael

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Supporter

Influencer II

Dublin, CA
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YSL
Getting notifications from what looks like the dev site, 30 so far this morning. Please kill the group message "testing" and/or "testing testing" and/or other related threads. Clicking "Leave Conversation" has not stopped it.
-killed

Chadlyb

Rank VI
Supporter

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I spoke with Kent this morning. Sounds like a lot of members received several emails from random unknown sources. It was a internal error and has been fixed.
Appreciate the follow up but that was regarding something on the 5th of Nov. Nothing regarding this situation that happened last night and this morning. I'm good regarding the current situation. Thank you.

Neb_Sojourner

Rank I

Contributor II

York Nebraska, USA
Member #

Hey guys,

All appropriate apologies. This is not a hack. This is a developer error.

We have a development server for testing new features. It is generally not allowed to talk to the public because it is rude by nature. In this case, it found a way to communicate with the outside world - and created a ton of spam. It is not harmful in any way - just annoying.

We are in the process of cleaning it up, and i'll update with relevant info.

M
It is continuing again this morning , 11/28/18......

ArmyofMike

Rank V

Influencer I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham Callsign
KM6YFE
I have gotten some this morning/mid morning. I'm not really upset, it's actually making me feel kinda cool, like all these emails and responses I'm getting. LMAO @Michael @Chris Jones Thanks for looking into it.

jamdeeper

Rank V

Advocate III

Ogden, Ut
My messages don’t even work on the app. Never have. I can click from notifications but says I have to have valid ID? I thought for a min they were going to be fixed, but still don’t work.

Chris Jones

Online Community Director
Staff member

Advocate III

Methuen, MA
Member #

My messages don’t even work on the app. Never have. I can click from notifications but says I have to have valid ID? I thought for a min they were going to be fixed, but still don’t work.
The app is based on Tapatalk. Pretty soon, we will be releasing a new app developed in house. I promise you it will work better.

Range Rover Newbie

Rank V

Contributor II

La mirada ca
Member #

Good morning, i recently changed profile names..on profile page name has changed both app and desktop version. However, in forums and conversations my previous name is showing up. Anything i can do?