Cool new shower enclosure - anyone seen these in the U.S. yet?

• HTML tutorial

NotGumby

Local Expert Germany
Investor

Influencer II

Frankfurt, Germany
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Vinnie
Member #

Service Branch
Army Veteran 11B 54E
I use our Howling Moon safari awning with wall set and a Helio foot pump shower. A small mat and the Helio packs away nicely. I do have a Zodi privacy enclosure, which we haven’t used since we got the wall set for the awning.

Reactions: Gary Stevens

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Borderland Trailer makes a nice shower option. The enclosure is simply a U-shaped frame that slides out of the side of the trailer with a shower curtain hung from it. This should be a pretty simple thing to make and add to almost any roof rack. Maybe not as cool looking, and might take a couple minutes to hang the curtain. But functional and inexpensive.

http://www.borderlandtrailers.com/shower

Any design like this seems to assume that there is no wind where you camp.

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR

Any design like this seems to assume that there is no wind where you camp.

I thought that too!
I did notice that the one ASPW is using some sort of rods in the bottom of each of the 4 sides which I'm sure is an effort to avoid getting tossed around in the lightest of breezes, but you're right, in a stiff wind, you wouldn't even be able to use this at all.

Then again, nobody would want you to.

shower8f.jpg

Or if you're a little old school...
shower9f.jpg

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
Luke at Drifta is an incredible salesman. I want anything and everything he sells/uses!
Shower is @2:00

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Luke at Drifta is an incredible salesman. I want anything and everything he sells/uses!
Shower is @2:00
So he says "..saw this in Sydney"... is Drifta just re-branding the same thing? It looks identical to the So.African version ASPW is using.

Any idea on his price?

Dan

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
So he says "..saw this in Sydney"... is Drifta just re-branding the same thing? It looks identical to the So.African version ASPW is using.

Any idea on his price?

Dan
Basic set up 300. Guessing that's Australian dollars.
Amazon has a similar set up from Camplux 119.00.

Rubicajon

Rank VI
Launch Member

Creator III

Panama City Beach, FL, USA
First Name
RUBI
Last Name
CAJON
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5VLS
Service Branch
Seabee’s
I found a light mounting tabs at tractor supply that fits the tube on my roof rack. I figured i could do a conduit hoop that would pin into them then hang a curtain. My hose from the solar shower would be moved to accommodate the shower mount.

khorsa

Rank III

Advocate II

michigan
check out my post I'm right there with you. I'd rather build what i need befor purchasing mass produced parts made to look good instead of working good. As far as a shower i have two that wont go with out. I posted a description of our solar shower somewhere on here but if you want to know more contact me an i would be happy to go over with you how we built it. I didn't take anything said as bad and hope anything i said didn't come off in a bad way.
No man, everything is good, I didn't take anything as wrong. And about your shower, I will definitely hit you up on that this coming winter. The woman, she just needs a shower, lol.

Reactions: Rubicajon

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV

Any idea on his price?

Dan
My assumption is that it’s the same enclosure that ASPW has. He does say it is made in RSA in the video after he says he saw it in Sydney. But, he may be making his own soon based on this picture on his website. E01A89C8-93B4-43E2-A393-09DEFA9A2724.jpeg

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
New video our featuring the final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you posted a link, I don't see it.

Here's ASPW's specific review of it, he says that it received the most attention of any other thing on his C/S video series.

(sorry, I tried to embed the video, couldn't make it work!)

I guess I'm not alone!

Says it will be in the U.S. later in 2017...
...how much later does it need to get? I need this on my Christmas list!

QP_Shower1.JPG

C'mon... take my money!

Reactions: SC_4Runner

SC_4Runner

Rank 0

Contributor II

Yeah that’s just dumb....
People pay a premium for convenience. The Alu-Cab awnings are $1500+ compared to a couple hundred for an ARB. The camper conversions are $8000+ not including labor. How much is a standard RTT?

There is certainly a diminishing marginal return for high-end off road products. ASPW is living that YOLO life [emoji41]

v
So I'm watching Andrew St. Pierre-White's video's on his trek across the Channing Stock Route, which by the way is on my list of tracks to drive, and he says "it's time to shower!".

At this point, I kind of want to fast forward past that part, but then he gets to the coolest shower enclosure I think I've seen.
View attachment 37430

View attachment 37431

And then it does this!...
View attachment 37432

View attachment 37433

View attachment 37434

In the end, a very convenient (which I'm always looking for) way to shower in modesty, that looks like this.
View attachment 37435

View attachment 37436

I'll spare you the actual ASPW shower portion, that's not my bag baby.

So, now I come to my question. Has anybody seen or does anyone know of this product for sale in these United States?

He mentions in the comments in his video that it will be 'coming the U.S. soon, stand by', but I can't wait!

I have the shower sorted out (I think) but my enclosure game is a little weak and this would be the cool solution. Call it glamping or whatever, this is the ultimate convenience that might get my wife out on the trail with me!

I'm sure it will be expensive. I might be forced to make it myself!

Dan.

I use the James Baroud shower tent £140 or about $170 it goes on the side identically to the one Andrew uses it’s the original design it been around for years.

Sent from my Confuser using OB Talk

SC_4Runner

Rank 0

Contributor II

v

I use the James Baroud shower tent £140 or about $170 it goes on the side identically to the one Andrew uses it’s the original design it been around for years.

Sent from my Confuser using OB Talk
Identical in what way? Looks like Velcro loops. Can you post photos?