Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Mortgage is still 350 a month for me I just bought another house too thats another 350 a month that 2 properties that cost less than a months rent in some places. I think it is how its always been some places cost more than others, its still cheaper in the long run to buy than rent
That's awesome. I need to move to your location. You can't rent a toilet here for $750 a month.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

That's awesome. I need to move to your location. You can't rent a toilet here for $750 a month.
Thats the point I dont rent i own. With taxes and insurance its closer to 600 a month per property but thats still way less than renting.
I do kinda miss being able to just up and move around every couple of years though I don't miss the high payment and landlords or apartment managers.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Thats the point I dont rent i own. With taxes and insurance its closer to 600 a month per property but thats still way less than renting.
I do kinda miss being able to just up and move around every couple of years though I don't miss the high payment and landlords or apartment managers.
I own my property too but I have two kids living with me that can't afford rent anywhere on their wages. I let them live with me and they help me with the work in exchange for room and privileges. It won't be long before they get it anyway.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I own my property too but I have two kids living with me that can't afford rent anywhere on their wages. I let them live with me and they help me with the work in exchange for room and privileges. It won't be long before they get it anyway.
Sorry to hear that, I'm 38 and can't even imagine moving back in with my parents.
My wife and I have had a lot of shitty jobs to get where we are though and we are persistent as hell to get what we want in life.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Sorry to hear that, I'm 38 and can't even imagine moving back in with my parents.
My wife and I have had a lot of shitty jobs to get where we are though and we are persistent as hell to get what we want in life.
Good on ya. Hard work definitely pays off in the end. I have been lucky and though I have worked a ton of crappy jobs while my wife was in school, she's an engineer now and I don't have to rely on my pay from still kinda crappy jobs lol. Was the warehouse/shipping manager for an off-road shop/website for 8 years but moved here and starting from scratch. Had to look at what I had for a transferable skills in this area and stumbled into a steel warehouse where I am now working on getting my welding ticket lol. I don't mind hard work or long hours but it's getting harder as I get older ( I'm only 32 but have arthritis starting in an elbow I dislocated/broke when I was younger as well as in my hands, and I have no carteledge left in my right wrist because the elbow apparently has been putting constant pressure on it over the last 15 or whatever years lol). It will be nice to start building stuff again even if it's not my own lol

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Well I haven't been on here for a while, nothing has been done to the jeep but I am hoping that I can change that soon. We were finally able to get a house of our own, and as an added bonus it has a heated 2 car garage! It needs some work so we haven't moved in yet, but this will give me a place to work on projects during my down time and the winter months ( laying in the snow in -30 changing parts is never fun). Right now this is taking up all of my time so outings, and vehicle upgraded have been put on hold until we are settled.

I figured I would just throw an update on here because it's been quite a while since any updates lol.20210612_095136.jpg

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Well I haven't been on here for a while, nothing has been done to the jeep but I am hoping that I can change that soon. We were finally able to get a house of our own, and as an added bonus it has a heated 2 car garage! It needs some work so we haven't moved in yet, but this will give me a place to work on projects during my down time and the winter months ( laying in the snow in -30 changing parts is never fun). Right now this is taking up all of my time so outings, and vehicle upgraded have been put on hold until we are settled.

I figured I would just throw an update on here because it's been quite a while since any updates lol.View attachment 201983
Congratulations on the new home, it’s beautiful.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Congratulations on the new home, it’s beautiful.
Thank you. It looks much nicer from the outside lol. The inside I'm pretty sure hadn't been cleaned it 30 years. The amount of cob webs and dust everywhere was impressive, and sooooo much wallpaper that had to come down. There was also a chimney fire so the roof needs repairs, and the wood stove may or may not stay in place.
But, it gives out kid lots of space to run around, and room for the family to grown in the future. Just a lot of work right now lol.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign

I figured I would just throw an update on here because it's been quite a while since any updates lol.View attachment 201983
I'm happy to see you back on the thread again. I really like your new house with that super size drive way, it's worth giving it your time for awhile. The job change is a good thing too. I love welding but I can't do it any more due to my physical disabilities. The doctors want to transplant my left knee because of no cartilage being left but at 86 years old I cant see the advantage, especially after my recent colon cancer and colon bag install. I havent finished my Land Rover Discover project (off road rig) and it just begs to be finished along with my stealth cargo trailer that I recently bought and planned to use for my boondocking.
Are you still in Organ ?

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Thank you. It looks much nicer from the outside lol. The inside I'm pretty sure hadn't been cleaned it 30 years. The amount of cob webs and dust everywhere was impressive, and sooooo much wallpaper that had to come down. There was also a chimney fire so the roof needs repairs, and the wood stove may or may not stay in place.
But, it gives out kid lots of space to run around, and room for the family to grown in the future. Just a lot of work right now lol.
So, your list of “honey do’s “ just became unmanageable. If the wallpaper was not put on correctly you will have sheet rock repairs to do after taking it down. Best of luck.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I'm happy to see you back on the thread again. I really like your new house with that super size drive way, it's worth giving it your time for awhile. The job change is a good thing too. I love welding but I can't do it any more due to my physical disabilities. The doctors want to transplant my left knee because of no cartilage being left but at 86 years old I cant see the advantage, especially after my recent colon cancer and colon bag install. I havent finished my Land Rover Discover project (off road rig) and it just begs to be finished along with my stealth cargo trailer that I recently bought and planned to use for my boondocking.
Are you still in Organ ?
I'm just using g skills I have picked up along the way to get a paycheck lol. I don't have full range of motion in my right wrist, due to a previously dislocated/broken elbow at a younger age that never healed right. I haveLmost no cartelidge left in my hand from added pressure over the years. A couple years ago ( before covid) a surgeon had a plan to cut open the wrist a d shave 3mm off the bones to release some of the pressure. As covid hit, appointments were delayed, then canceled entirely.
The driveway is huge, but it also raises a bit of concern about how to clear snow and where to put it when it hits. But there's tons of room for toys ( if my wife will let me get more).
Sorry to hear about the cancer. Hope it's not too bad and you are keeping well and happy.
We are in owen sound.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
So, your list of “honey do’s “ just became unmanageable. If the wallpaper was not put on correctly you will have sheet rock repairs to do after taking it down. Best of luck.
All the wall paper is down now and lucky for us, no major issues. We do have a couple of spits that the old glue just does not want to give up ... but other than that it's good for paint lol.

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I'm sure between me and his mother the apple won't fall far lol
She's german/Irish and not only is she stubborn, she'll drink you under the table.
That will be The Varmints.

I am German. The Bride is Irish.

I joke that the Irish claim they like to drink. They have a day dedicated to it.

The Germans have a whole month dedicated to drinking.

The Irish claim they like to fight. They have been fighting the English for centuries.

The Germans take on the whole world. Three times.

• Haha

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
After getting home from work I basically threw gear at the jeep until I though I had everything. Hut the road for about 4 hours and rolled into camp around 11pm. A few of my buddies had already set up camp so I found a patch of ground, threw the tent up quick and went to the fire to have a quick beer before bed.
(Absolutly nothing special about my tent on this trip. I packed light and fast )
20210814_071818.jpg
The next day we mostly sat around camp and enjoyed the sun. But we did manage to get out and run some nearby sections of trail.IMG_5179-1.jpgIMG_5178-1.jpgPXL_20210814_205333952.jpg

My jeep is kinda cursed, there are never many pictures of it so this is about all I have lol. All in all it was a great weekend.