• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
The next project will be to figure out where to mount this and wire in a second battery for auxiliary power to the back of the rig. After the last trip pout I liked having the basket mounted in the back but the stuff under it was harder to access than I had originally thought. I think a slide out system may be in order, that way it can be loaded and unloaded easier as well as would allow Myles to add more lower tie down locations. And I need to move the basket back a few inches because it hits the back of the seat. I didn't have time before the trip to resolve that issue.
20200822_162034.jpg

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Things have slowed down a bit on the Jeep. I recently quit my job and working on relocating to be closer to my wife's family so that we have a bit of extra help with our kid since we cant get daycare anywhere near where we are now. On the plus side, my jeep fits in the new garage. Just barely, but ill take it. maybe it will give me some motivation to get a few things done on it during colder weather.
11600644454972.png

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Well, I have been busy doing everything but working on the Jeep lately. we packed up the house and moved, had a hard time getting internet so my wife's plan of working from home has shifted slightly, I had to find a new line of work, and had a lot of issues with the house when we moved in that needed to be dealt with.
On a side not I got word that the Camp Crawl issue of 4WDride magazine has his the shelves and the video should be out "soon". There are some good pictures in the article and I am waiting for the rest of the pictures hit my Dropbox.
here it is if you want to have a read of look at the pictures they chose fore the magazine. There is a picture of my Jeep on the last page of the article and a list of the vehicles that participated in the "Readers Rigs" section ( we took over that part of the magazine like we did many gas stations along the trip).
magazine cover.jpgarticle cover.jpgpage 1.jpgpage 2.jpgpage 3.jpgpage 4.jpgpage 5.jpgcamp crawl vehicle list.jpg

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I still haven't had a chance to tear I to my Jeep to fix a few wiring issues and set up my auxiliary power system.
The video did get relaea for the event in August though so here it is if your interested.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Well I have been too busy with work and looking after Jr. that I havnt had any time to look at the Jeep. I still need to re-wire the rear locker and setup a second battery. I have a sheet of steel sitting at work to build a new tailgate for it, since mine has seen better days. And I would like to make some steel half door skins but that's low in priority. Poor Jeep only gets driven to the store and back on weekends right now.20210117_074843.jpg

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Been working on planning a trip for once things ease up a bit ( if they ever do). Something to keep myself hopeful that I'll get out on the trails again soon lol. Would be at least 4-5 days of wheeling and driving, which I hope I can get the time for at some point. I've done a very similar route in 4 days but it was very rushed.20210116_083905.jpg

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Well I have been too busy with work and looking after Jr. that I havnt had any time to look at the Jeep. I still need to re-wire the rear locker and setup a second battery. I have a sheet of steel sitting at work to build a new tailgate for it, since mine has seen better days. And I would like to make some steel half door skins but that's low in priority. Poor Jeep only gets driven to the store and back on weekends right now.View attachment 184191
Poor jeepie ! You should be ashamed. LOL

• Haha
Reactions: Trail_pilot

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT. I have no place to work on my stuff either. Where did you move.
Out towards the base of the Bruce Peninsula here in Ontario. Near Owen sound. It's about 3 or 3.5 hours north west of where I was living before so we have more snow and less space lol. That is until we can find a house to buy ( currently living next door to a body shop in a house owned and rented by my wife's family) and I can build a shop there lol

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Out towards the base of the Bruce Peninsula here in Ontario. Near Owen sound. It's about 3 or 3.5 hours north west of where I was living before so we have more snow and less space lol. That is until we can find a house to buy ( currently living next door to a body shop in a house owned and rented by my wife's family) and I can build a shop there lol
Is housing scarce there like it is in the states. Housing here is becoming out of reach for many Americans. If you dont earn above 100k per year, you cant afford what is available. I dont like where our world is headed, but that's just me as I see things. Good luck with your move and new job.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Is housing scarce there like it is in the states. Housing here is becoming out of reach for many Americans. If you dont earn above 100k per year, you cant afford what is available. I dont like where our world is headed, but that's just me as I see things. Good luck with your move and new job.
Mortgage is still 350 a month for me I just bought another house too thats another 350 a month that 2 properties that cost less than a months rent in some places. I think it is how its always been some places cost more than others, its still cheaper in the long run to buy than rent

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Mortgage is still 350 a month for me I just bought another house too thats another 350 a month that 2 properties that cost less than a months rent in some places. I think it is how its always been some places cost more than others, its still cheaper in the long run to buy than rent
I hate the heat but man maybe I need to move to Texas , my rent is 2200 a month

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Omg that outrageous,, probably one reason why so many folks are moving here.

I'm sure the views won't be as nice though and you won't be as close to access to trails.
Lol I'm in the same boat with rent. Not now, but our last place was about 2k a month. And anything in the major cities is 2500 and up. Buying an attached home in Toronto was worth well over 1 million for a shit hole. At least here the wife and I can get a cheap house for 150k but we are looking to save up for something with some property. Especially since we have the little guy and I want a shop lol