• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
some more pictures are starting to pop up. Still waiting on photographers and videographers to show us what they got but it should be great. Now I need to re-wire some of the electrical for my lockers, as I had some issues with the rear blowing the fuse a few times during the trip, and run the wiring for my dual battery setup. Also need to start plumbing the air lines for an easy air up setup at all 4 corners.
117649297_317117246198243_8892402671782923312_n.jpg117756671_3262459030477079_7659923530673881402_n.jpg117770060_3194666873979056_8964150314981199923_n.jpg

Attachments

Reactions: Billiebob

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

LOL... same scenario, but... British Jeep :)

HOW DARE YOU LIFT A LAND ROVER !!!!! Ruined just ruined now if you blow a tire in the middle of the Swiss alps how the hell are you gonna get a replacement ??? My brothers cousins sister wife’s uncle did that same road in a Peugeot without a problem .... must be that ego complex of big tires that makes you think you need more than 30” tires and maxtraxs to drive through the Congo .......

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
You would laugh at a discussion over on expedition portal on how if you mod a vehicle it would leave you stranded , the back and forth has been quite entertaining. If you could believe it some of the same people are over there saying how horrible a modified vehicle is ...... any guesses ?
to each their own I suppose. I understand that parts cant be found at a Napa or in some countries for that matter, but this rig never leaves north america and was basically build by myself and friends. I have been known to "trail fix" things in odd ways but they always work to get me through to the spare parts. I have even fixed a broken motor mount with rope and a winch solenoid mounting bracket that lasted me a week before I could get a replacement mount. I know its not for everybody and I am fine with it but the people I have met and the places I have been with this rig have been a hell of a ride!

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

to each their own I suppose. I understand that parts cant be found at a Napa or in some countries for that matter, but this rig never leaves north america and was basically build by myself and friends. I have been known to "trail fix" things in odd ways but they always work to get me through to the spare parts. I have even fixed a broken motor mount with rope and a winch solenoid mounting bracket that lasted me a week before I could get a replacement mount. I know its not for everybody and I am fine with it but the people I have met and the places I have been with this rig have been a hell of a ride!

Funny how sometimes trail fixes hang around longer than you think . Back in the day I had a first gen Toyota pu ( god I miss that thing ) and up playing in the snow had the starter fall off and fixed it with two rathchet straps and because I was young and dumb left it that way for 3 months while in that time I built a rear bumper , redid the shocks and rear suspension and redid the interior .... it’s funny how the add brain works sometimes

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I take back what I said ,it’s on here . Some interesting opinions on there .

• Haha
Reactions: Trail_pilot

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Funny how sometimes trail fixes hang around longer than you think . Back in the day I had a first gen Toyota pu ( god I miss that thing ) and up playing in the snow had the starter fall off and fixed it with two rathchet straps and because I was young and dumb left it that way for 3 months while in that time I built a rear bumper , redid the shocks and rear suspension and redid the interior .... it’s funny how the add brain works sometimes
Starter only runs for a short time . Back when I had my blazer, any time it got cold I had to heat my starter with a blow torch every time so it would thaw the ice out before starting. After work, before work, at the mall, every time lol.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Can’t wait to see some videos from this trip . I always had dreams of doing the ultimate adventures trip here in the US but unfortunately time and money got the best of my cj5”gladiator” project and it was sadly parted out and sold off . Such a awesome build and can’t wait to see what the future holds for this rig

Andrew McGaha

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
McGaha
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO4GKM
HOW DARE YOU LIFT A LAND ROVER !!!!! Ruined just ruined now if you blow a tire in the middle of the Swiss alps how the hell are you gonna get a replacement ??? My brothers cousins sister wife’s uncle did that same road in a Peugeot without a problem .... must be that ego complex of big tires that makes you think you need more than 30” tires and maxtraxs to drive through the Congo .......
I have never once spilled the Grey Poupon... and if mud were the only obstacle... maybe. I did take a '78 Toyota Celica GT "mudding" once :)

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Can’t wait to see some videos from this trip . I always had dreams of doing the ultimate adventures trip here in the US but unfortunately time and money got the best of my cj5”gladiator” project and it was sadly parted out and sold off . Such a awesome build and can’t wait to see what the future holds for this rig
There was a CJ5 with us with a 5.3 that caught on fire on the highways . took him most of a day but he was back out wheeling by the end of the next day out. collector on the header came appart at melted the oil pressure sending unit and started spraying oil under the Jeep. engine backfired coming down a hill at 85 on the highway and lit it up. he was wheeling everything on leafs and 35"s like a champ lol.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I have never once spilled the Grey Poupon... and if mud were the only obstacle... maybe. I did take a '78 Toyota Celica GT "mudding" once :)
Grey poupon ??? Sorry now a days it better be a non gmo organic free trade mustard spread

Omg I had a 77 celica and miss that thing like crazy Such a cool unique car But when I sold it I made 3500$ soooo ya .

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

There was a CJ5 with us with a 5.3 that caught on fire on the highways . took him most of a day but he was back out wheeling by the end of the next day out. collector on the header came appart at melted the oil pressure sending unit and started spraying oil under the Jeep. engine backfired coming down a hill at 85 on the highway and lit it up. he was wheeling everything on leafs and 35"s like a champ lol.
This is what overlanding is all about. Keep it fixable for your situation. Catching fire, and being back the next day is a test few can follow.