Converting from rock crawler to overlander

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Mortgage is still 350 a month for me I just bought another house too thats another 350 a month that 2 properties that cost less than a months rent in some places. I think it is how its always been some places cost more than others, its still cheaper in the long run to buy than rent
That's awesome. I need to move to your location. You can't rent a toilet here for $750 a month.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Educator II

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

That's awesome. I need to move to your location. You can't rent a toilet here for $750 a month.
Thats the point I dont rent i own. With taxes and insurance its closer to 600 a month per property but thats still way less than renting.
I do kinda miss being able to just up and move around every couple of years though I don't miss the high payment and landlords or apartment managers.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
I hate the heat but man maybe I need to move to Texas , my rent is 2200 a month
Realtor Landlords are thieves IMO !
I know some renters are not so hot either but renting is a war zone if you must rent.

Lanlubber

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham Callsign
Thats the point I dont rent i own. With taxes and insurance its closer to 600 a month per property but thats still way less than renting.
I do kinda miss being able to just up and move around every couple of years though I don't miss the high payment and landlords or apartment managers.
I own my property too but I have two kids living with me that can't afford rent anywhere on their wages. I let them live with me and they help me with the work in exchange for room and privileges. It won't be long before they get it anyway.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Educator II

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I own my property too but I have two kids living with me that can't afford rent anywhere on their wages. I let them live with me and they help me with the work in exchange for room and privileges. It won't be long before they get it anyway.
Sorry to hear that, I'm 38 and can't even imagine moving back in with my parents.
My wife and I have had a lot of shitty jobs to get where we are though and we are persistent as hell to get what we want in life.

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Sorry to hear that, I'm 38 and can't even imagine moving back in with my parents.
My wife and I have had a lot of shitty jobs to get where we are though and we are persistent as hell to get what we want in life.
Good on ya. Hard work definitely pays off in the end. I have been lucky and though I have worked a ton of crappy jobs while my wife was in school, she's an engineer now and I don't have to rely on my pay from still kinda crappy jobs lol. Was the warehouse/shipping manager for an off-road shop/website for 8 years but moved here and starting from scratch. Had to look at what I had for a transferable skills in this area and stumbled into a steel warehouse where I am now working on getting my welding ticket lol. I don't mind hard work or long hours but it's getting harder as I get older ( I'm only 32 but have arthritis starting in an elbow I dislocated/broke when I was younger as well as in my hands, and I have no carteledge left in my right wrist because the elbow apparently has been putting constant pressure on it over the last 15 or whatever years lol). It will be nice to start building stuff again even if it's not my own lol

Reactions: Lanlubber