Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
Road Shower 2: That's cool. I really like the way the hose clips to the side, but I would like it to loop back around the other side as well to have double the hose length. That would be the only thing that I would change.

Wanderer351

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

bladensburg,ohio
Member #

I like to keep it simple I use something like this when we camping out of the rig
View attachment 8628
when using the camper trailer just a 20L drum with a 12v pump. Boil 5L of water out of the drum put back in the drum perfect temperature. 20L do two people

I have the same setup...$27 including the kitchen sprayer....we use it for washing pets..rinsing off sandy feet..works really well..

Attachments

300WMTUCK

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Roseville
Member #

I built a shower out of 3" Black PVC and used it on my latest trip. Worked great. I have a small 12v bicycle pump connected to it and it pressurizes the tube. The water pleasure is great and the sun hitting the black tube during the day warms the water nicely. It also worked for washing dishes and rinsing off all the desert dust off my truck. Not sure if I can post a video.View attachment 19687
Love the full size rig! What rack did you go with?

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

I am using ecotemp. Has worked well for the limited use I have on it.

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

Reactions: Sonarman

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
With this type of water heater, what happens to water temp if you turn water flow off and on during your shower? Does it remain pretty constant or does it get too hot? Seems like a good solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000TXOJQ4/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1494538180&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=eccotemp+l5&dpPl=1&dpID=41R1W3pxu4L&ref=plSrch

When water stops, gas turns off. It senses water flow and turns back on when water is turned back on. 2 D batteries supply power for the igniter. Very cool set up. For my sink, I have no cold water set up. I just adjust temp on heater. For cold water, just turn it off. Simple simple

Can't make it through the day? Back up, and get a run at it!

mitchandbuck

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Alameda CA
First Name
Mitch
Last Name
Hammond
Member #

Synergy is awesome. Terrific heat exchanger system.

Mine is set up with a water pump and pressure diaphram. I have a 30 gallon tank under trailer deck. I used the stainless steel wrapped hoses ( like youd find for sink supply lines) and from pump to heater i used a washing machine stainless steel hose. Items can be easily picked up at hardware store on the road if theres a failure.

Kegsy, is that the diesel powered water heater?

Reactions: Veloun