Camp Shower (Merged)

• HTML tutorial

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I use water cans with a modified cap so I can pressurize it with my on board air. They live in the shell and get warm enough for a decent shower. I keep 2 in the corner so I can open the windoor and hook up to air and water, set the shower tent right there and away you go. Cheap-ish, easy, and I can add cans to carry as much water as I want. I just swap the lid over as needed.

water jerry.JPG
IMG_6314.JPG

Yonatan Ryabinski

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Southampton, pa
Member #

I use water cans with a modified cap so I can pressurize it with my on board air. They live in the shell and get warm enough for a decent shower. I keep 2 in the corner so I can open the windoor and hook up to air and water, set the shower tent right there and away you go. Cheap-ish, easy, and I can add cans to carry as much water as I want. I just swap the lid over as needed.

View attachment 25846
View attachment 25847
I have the same Jerry Can. Do you have some information on how you made this pump?

Reactions: OuterLimits

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

I have the same Jerry Can. Do you have some information on how you made this pump?
Buy the lid from here, or have a closer look and build your own (simple) http://www.jagmte.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=61

I have on board air already, so you can either pressurize the can once, use it till your flow runs out and refill OR build a short air line with a regulator and set it at 10-15 PSI and leave the thing connected.

If you google pressurized water jerry can a variety of DIY info comes up, but you will only save a few bucks over just buying the setup from Jag.

Drftsub

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

Oh also, you will need to tighten the hell out of the lid to make this work. I suggest building a gasket for the lid, and you can save some $ by using oil filter pliers rather than getting the specific can wrench.

http://amzn.to/2tdiYX5

Those work well on the fuel cans also. You will mark up your caps a little using them (FYI).

Username Not Found

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oceanside, CA
Member #

I just finished my second rendition of a home-made pressurized solar shower.
20170613_062943_001.jpg
It holds roughly 4+ gallons and I can pressurize it with anything from OBA to a bike pump through the Shrader valve (not pictured but behind the pressure relief valve on the top cap).
I then have a pop-up shower enclosure and a rubber mat that I use for the actual shower.
It also comes in handy for camp cleanup. (Pictured is my first failed rendition)Attach4035_20170505_173225.jpg

Username Not Found

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Oceanside, CA
Member #

4" Schedule 40 ABS. Just standard plumbing pipe from Home Depot. Once I finished gluing everything together, I lightly sanded the surface and coated it in a couple of layers of flat black spray paint to help absorb heat. My first rendition got to around 75F after an afternoon in the woods.

LostInSocal

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chino Hills, CA, US
Member #

Ultimately I'd like to get a Road Shower. For me, I'd prefer not to have anything permanently attached to my DD, and really the only requirement is decent temperatures for a good rinse off. A Road Shower looks like stone aged technology compared to some of the solutions out there with tankless water heaters but it's going to be a huge step up from a bucket and towel.

So I was also curious if anyone here camps in the winter, let's keep it mild and say 30s-40s F, and if so, what does the showering solution look like then?

Reactions: OuterLimits