Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

So I got a little busy after my two week vacation. Here comes some of my favorite pictures during my trip to Oregon and back.

First stop was Glass Beach.

Last edited:
Reactions: BeardedOverland

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Then we traveled another 40 minutes north to the trailhead for Usal Beach.

Onwards into the forest!

Last edited:

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Almost there!

After a few more hours driving past the gate we made our way back to the campgrounds and put the firepit to use. I knew there were going to be places without fire rings and places prohibiting campfires, so I took a washing machine drum and made it a fire pit/grill. A replacement Weber grill fits perfectly on top and it cooks extremely well when you get your coals nice and hot. I also have a mount to use with a hitch mount, but didn't get to try it out since we had the Thule bike rack for the mountain bikes.

This was my first night in a hammock and my buddy slept in my tent that I brought for backup, or in case I couldn't find a tree. I did finally manage to get him to sleep in his ENO hammock the last two nights of the trip, but for the most part, he slept in my Coleman tent.

I don't have pictures, but we had a skunky visitor this night. While telling stories around the campfire the skunk got within 7 feet from us to check us out. We scared him off, but he returned when I was watering the bushes and scared the daylights out of me. LOL
We thought we got rid of him by scaring him off again, but he walked around the tent for a good 40 minutes after I passed out in my hammock and my friend just laid silently inside the tent. Not sure what he was after, but it must of smelled nice.

Last edited:

Justin_0237

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate III

Vacaville, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mulrooney
Member #

Nice! I'm not sure if this is the Oregon coast but me and my wife recently took the Oregon coast from Washington and it looked just as pretty as that picture all the way down!

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

Nice! I'm not sure if this is the Oregon coast but me and my wife recently took the Oregon coast from Washington and it looked just as pretty as that picture all the way down!
It is. It's somewhere near Gold Beach I believe. It's the most spectacular coastal views I've ever experienced and I'm from Monterey!

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

After a quick hike near Gold Beach we arrived to the Oregon Dunes National Recreation area. There are a ton of activities like hiking, wildlife viewing, camping and picnicking on top of beach access. This place stretches almost 40 miles and has 32,186 acres of dunes, forests, streams and lakes. There are parts where the Dunes stretch 2.5 miles inland with heights of 500 feet.

Now for some pictures.

Crispy

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redmond, OR, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Crisp
Member #

After the picture with my 4Runner and my friends Tacoma we went back to camp for lunch and I had a couple beers so I didn't want to drive my rig after drinking so we all piled in the Tacoma and completely forgot to bring recovery gear.