Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

So enough fun...back to the build !

We ask a lot from our rig when we load all our camp gear and weight distribution is everything as we all know. After work today it just got 10x better. I welded on a new hitch receiver to the front bumper for the cargo basket. This is gonna be huge ! Now we can get more weight off the azz end and it will be better riding/handling on long trips.
I don't put a lot of weight in that basket but I HATE it hanging out so far away from the axle. Normally a rear cargo basket is not a big deal but when fully loaded with the tent, propane tank, high lift, solar kit and water all on the ass I had to do something...

Problem Solved !

18582622_1446002628754275_7476622469681682290_n.jpg

18622670_1446002638754274_4103382397143419748_n.jpg

Glenn

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate I

New Tazewell, Tennessee, USA
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Cote
Member #

Your build makes me want to learn to weld etc.. Such awesome work man.
Thanks djbkm !
Actually welding is not as hard as you think. Anybody can learn how to weld enough to make things strong. Then of course you get into better quality machines = better quality welds... (prettier)...that aint me... LOL
The amount of money I have saved building my own racks etc. is awesome, but I actually just enjoy doing it and having my own designs on our rig.

Alain

Rank I

Contributor III

kayak 10.jpg Love the build, presently driving a VW tiguan have one more year to go with it and I am thinking of getting a jeep for my kayak and weekend adventure , it also need to be my daily driver any info is welcome

Reactions: Glenn

JimG92

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Edinburgh, UK
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Gilmour
Member #

Love the look of the carrier at the back of your jeep - I've just started planning one out for the back of my Land Rover along similar lines. You've put a lot of thought into yours by the looks of it and it's really paid off - looks fantastic