Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Hmmm... This from my tablet, which requires me to login each time, due to security settings. I am still getting red Xs over each pic...

Very weird....

Reactions: BigTuna117

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Hmmm... This from my tablet, which requires me to login each time, due to security settings. I am still getting red Xs over each pic...

Very weird....
That's funny you mentioned that cause on my IPad I was able to see all pics but inn my iPhone is were I was getting the x on the pictures and not being able to see them

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
That's funny you mentioned that cause on my IPad I was able to see all pics but inn my iPhone is were I was getting the x on the pictures and not being able to see them
Hmm... That leads me back to some protocol error. Very strange. Especially since I seem to be able to view all the other pics on the site...

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Not tryin' to blow up the thread, but this is where the problem is. Just got back from hippopotamus and "What did ya do with your rig"? All the pics are showing there....

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

So, the snorkel installation is done! All and all, it was pretty straightforward. Of course, there was some modification necessary in order to run the plumbing, but, I'll go over that here in a few.

Aside from drilling holes and making sure you use the appropriate size hole saw, the installation of the actual snorkel is pretty straightforward. It sits really solid on the fender, and holds the lines fairly well.

Next, I had to remove the outer fender (I actually removed it before mounting the snorkel) in order to trim the inner fender and cut the other hole for the intake. Dropping the front outers on a WJ are very straightforward. A 5 minute job.

Next I had to determine where to cut.

It was really more time consuming fitting everything to make sure I cut in the right place than making the actual cuts.

After putting the fender back on, I could fit the 4" to 3" reduction elbow to finish the plumbing. Piece of cake!

I was weary of using the Spectre 3" flex tubing, but found that it should be thick enough to actually take any punishment headed it's way. I do need to reposition that clamp, though. I also sealed the ends of the flex tubing with Black RTV Silicone, too.

With everything plumbed correctly, it was onto the next challenge- Correctly seating the A-pillar mount. In order to do this, I ended up re-purposing the piece of metal used to cover the stock airbox hole, bent it, got some hardware, and made an adapter to correctly bolt the snorkel to the a-pillar.

This also pulls back on the snorkel just enough to keep is from moving. It does stit just a bit more forward than most, but it's seated well and doesn't obscure the view, so I think I can live with it. yes, it is visible from the Driver's seat, but not much. no complaints.

Just out of curiosity how come you didn't use the black piece that came with the kit? And what size diameter is the snorkel tube where it goes into the fender?
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger but my budget is pretty limited so can't really buy any more pieces

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

The "inner duct?" it actually does not fit in the WJ inner fender. The outlet hole on the snorkel is 4". I used a 4" to 3" reduction elbow trimmed down to make it fit like a glove.

Also, I appear to not be able to see my own pictures on page 8 either. from desktop or tablet.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

The "inner duct?" it actually does not fit in the WJ inner fender. The outlet hole on the snorkel is 4". I used a 4" to 3" reduction elbow trimmed down to make it fit like a glove.

Also, I appear to not be able to see my own pictures on page 8 either. from desktop or tablet.
Ah ok thanks!
I have 4" so thatll work for me

Weird i can see em just fine

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

Alright, ladies and gents, I have fixed the pictures on page 8. Turns out the new secure server doesn't like the imgur links I was providing. I have uploaded the pictures directly to the site instead, which looks better and works well.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

20161202_173458.jpg Friday I helped Represent the Bullhead 4 Wheelers in Bullhead City's Boom Box Parade. We had probably 5 vehicles out to represent B4W. It was also the last run for the dinky cigarette lighter inverter. The new one arrived late, so I was rather limited as to what I could do with lights.

Attachments

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

hey man hows it going? just wanted to see how youre liking the core 4x4 adjustable arms?
im gonna be ordering an iro 4" lift kit and the full set of tier 1 adjustables from core here in the next few weeks and just wanted to see how you like them.
I know youre running the front uppers but cant remember if you are running any of the others/
thanks!

BigTuna117

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bouman
Member #

hey man hows it going? just wanted to see how youre liking the core 4x4 adjustable arms?
im gonna be ordering an iro 4" lift kit and the full set of tier 1 adjustables from core here in the next few weeks and just wanted to see how you like them.
I know youre running the front uppers but cant remember if you are running any of the others/
thanks!
Hey, It's going well. I am Currently Running Core 4x4 Tier 1 Front Uppers, Lowers, and Rear Lowers. Stock A-Arm. It's a firmer ride, but they old out well, and take any punishment I send their way. Oh, and Core's warranty is top notch, too. If you manage to break 'em, they'll replace 'em. As far as the A-Arm goes, I might upgrade to Ironman 4x4 Fab or IROs Adjustable A-Arm. Not in a hurry for that one, though.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Hey, It's going well. I am Currently Running Core 4x4 Tier 1 Front Uppers, Lowers, and Rear Lowers. Stock A-Arm. It's a firmer ride, but they old out well, and take any punishment I send their way. Oh, and Core's warranty is top notch, too. If you manage to break 'em, they'll replace 'em. As far as the A-Arm goes, I might upgrade to Ironman 4x4 Fab or IROs Adjustable A-Arm. Not in a hurry for that one, though.
did you get there hardware or did you use your exsisting hardware?