BFG All Terrain KO2s

• HTML tutorial

The other Sean

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Minneapolis
Member #

So Ive had 2 vehicles that ive put KO2's on. And both times the back tires would wear in the center so bad that their would be a 1/2 of tread on the outside and be down to the steel belt in the center. i thought it was my driving habits or maybe my truck. I wouldnt put them on a pickup truck unless you keep 500 lbs in the bed. so what happens to these tires is that they need more weight on them in the back. hitting bumps and potholes here in the midwest, the wheels will bounce over these with an empty truck bed. thats where the tires show their weakness. the tires slip on these road hazards and destroy the tires

Sent from my SM-G935T using OB Talk mobile app
Sounds like over inflation to me....

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

thats what i thought too, but it wasnt i checked a thousand times. i was going off of what the tires called for not the psi on the door.

Sent from my SM-G935T using OB Talk mobile app
What the tires called for as a MAX pressure? Which if I recall correctly for an E load tire is 80PSI? Unloaded this would be too much pressure not to mention a brutal ride.

Reactions: Samuel Brown

MrLomjamesington

Rank 0
Launch Member

Traveler I

Kent Wa USA
Member #

Nope. I just sorta neglected the piss out of them. Sharp rocks, wheel spin, and not deflating when I obviously should have. This is the worst out of the 4 tires, being that it's the passenger rear, which is the primary drive tire. My left front is the next worst, but is not nearly as bad as this one. This all could have been avoided if I knew the "roads" were only going to get worst before they got better. These tires are still great slabs of rubber though. I believe a lot of this happened on my way up and downs from Gallagher Head Lake 3 weekends ago. I didn't air down at all, and kinda hauled butt. It was a very bumpy ride with 65psi in the rear and 50 in the front. You live and learn though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Samuel Brown

Kevigizmo

Western Europe Moderator
Launch Member

Influencer II

North Walsham, Norfolk, UK
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Titmarsh
Member #

this tire is a really good all rounder,
I used to have the original BFG AT-KO on my Land Rover Discovery 1 which the tires did around 80K travel and still has some life left in them - I've since changed to a defender and sadly the tires are 235 and im running 265's so wont fit.. but certainly would go for the OK2's - got a brand new set on Dad's LR 110 which does a huge amount of miles and they still look like new!

Not a huge amount of road noise which is great and they have that slight mod on the tire wall for a little more mud grip over the original AT-OK's previously

Over here you're looking at around £130-150 per tire