Baja Mexico Dec 26th-30th 2017

• HTML tutorial

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

We are pretty close to wrapping up the planning over here. Thanks everyone for your input. It has been a great help.

See map below for the route.

Reactions: Kent R

Eduardo Castilla

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Temple City, CA 91780
Member #

I would recommend:

- Enter Mexico thru the Mexicali Border (Exit Mexico thru the TJ Border)

- Mike's Sky Rancho (this is a great place to end your first day after crossing the border.

- San Felipe (check out town, have a meal and head out to find a beach camp south of San Felipe to end the day)
Rancho Punta Estella is one of many great Beach Camps.

- Hot Springs - Aquas Termales at Puerecitos, Playas de San Felipe.

- Bufeo is another great Beach Camp.

- Coco's Corner (this is a cool short stop to relax, get a drink and check out some cool things)

- Bahia de Los Angeles (check out the Whale Sharks)

- Guerrero Negro (town to end the day)

- Santa Rosalia (check out the church of Santa Barbara that was transport to this its location)

- Playa Santispak & Playa Los Cocos

- La Paz

- Cabo San Lucas

When returning, return thru Hwy 1 back thru Ensenada, Rosarito, TJ. (stop by Tapanco Restaurant in Rosarito to have a great meal before crossing the TJ border)

I did this trip a few years ago and now planning it again for sometime in Jan 2018... We should meet up and hit some local SoCal trails, I'm in the San Gabriel Valley, CA area..

Have a awesome adventure trip and safe travels...

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
I suggest taking a look at the gps files from the Baja 1000 2 weeks ago. It parallels a lot of when you were planning on doing. Get on the course on a few spots and check it out it's fun to drive in the desert down there

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jroettele

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Anaheim, CA
Member #

I suggest taking a look at the gps files from the Baja 1000 2 weeks ago. It parallels a lot of when you were planning on doing. Get on the course on a few spots and check it out it's fun to drive in the desert down there

That’s a great idea

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
I should also add, there are no ATMs in Bay of LA. Bring the cash you think you will need for the days you are there.