Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hey @Drift We really do try to keep the drama to a minimum. I think we're pretty good at it. I didn't help. Had a bad week. :) It's good to see you. The premium memberships are voluntary. Its just to support the cause, but certainly not required. I'd love to get your thoughts here or in a PM. What you like/don't like etc. Welcome back!
Oh, and the banners look like the banner on your profile since you are a member!

M

Iubootgater

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Greenwood IN
Member #

Joined the forum when there was litteraly a welcome from Michael and a test post. Where you guys have come in the last year is amazing, if someone does not like the direction the movement is headed then they are free to find community and content elsewhere, no loss.
Keep it up, keep quality Merch coming and build as high as you can. From a video blog to a community to hosting your own rally's in such a short time..... Hats off to you Mr. And Mrs. OB
Cheers

Reactions: Corrie and Drift

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

I prefer forums that are quaint and comfortable as opposed to fancy and cold and argumentative... This forum fits me.

And - since you opened the door and let me in, I'm not leaving!

Reactions: tom

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Hey, I hadn't noticed that! Congratulations, @jordanbrooks! How in the world did you get to 400 posts in less than a month!

Don't ban me, ya crazy Hoosier! :)
I spend all day at a computer, so checking in and making posts is easy for me. I work for John Deere and take care of our stores (3-stores in total) website, graphic design, sales and F/I. So getting to my post count was easy haha... Also, most forums i am in or have been in are so huge that there is no personality. You don't know the mods or owners of those sites. I like how this forum has a personal feel and that is why i have been and will be very active.

Sgt Virg

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor I

SE PA
Member #

New guy here but I liked what I saw so much I immediately became a Supporter. There's a cost to everything in life, you either pay it or you don't. What you don't do is cry about it.

Keep on doing what you're doing!

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

Found the YouTube videos first and have been here since. I feel like I'm actually part of this community and enjoy the group here. If you ever need anything or want to bounce ideas off someone, I'm here.

Reactions: Overland-Indiana

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

First of all, I am heart broken that you had to write this Michael @administrator. And second, I am proud of you for standing up for Overland Bound!!! Some people have nothing else better to do than complain. Doing what you do is not easy, I know the hard work Overland Bound has and is going thru. I also feel that as members, it is our duty to inform you when something is not right, to assist you in making it better. As for charging for T-shirts, emblems, etc, GOOD FOR YOU. You have some of the best quality items that any forum community offers. I remember a comment that was made on Instagram regarding the cost of the emblem was too much. ARE YOU F*ing kidding me! I know I won mine but I would of paid for it any day. The quality of the emblem is unbelievable. Keep doing what you are doing, we will keep doing what we are doing and grow this community together as a family. For those who wanted to opt out, it's their lost. Wow, as I finish typing this, I need a beer! A drink I shall have and toast to you my friend, Cheers!

Gunnermoose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Mesa, Arizona
Member #

1. Problems in life are to be solved together. So problems here, we solve together.
2. If you are human, you can and will be making mistakes. So, what is the problem.
Great comments to remember. These are basically how you deal with life. Everyone has good days and bad days. Something in the back of my head is saying something about stones and glass houses.

Tek

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Montreal, Qc
Member #

My reply is simple. Your forum, your rules. If people don't like it, they are free to leave. I understand that you want this to be everyone's forum, but at the end of the day, it belongs to you. I like this place, so I'll be sticking around.

I really couldn't have said it better than this. I support this site and enjoy all that it has to offer. Thank you Overland Bound Team!

Reactions: Gunnermoose

American Overlanders

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Waconia, MN
Member #

I really couldn't have said it better than this. I support this site and enjoy all that it has to offer. Thank you Overland Bound Team!
I think there is something wrong with the website database. This is OverlandMN and it labeled my message as from Tek. I wrote the message above, not Tek. I had to logout and log back in to reset my profile.

Last edited:

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I think there is something wrong with the website database. This is OverlandMN and it labeled my message as from Tek. I wrote the message above, not Tek. I had to logout and log back in to reset my profile.
There is a posting already going for this issue. It's called Login Issue and the admins are working on it, but you should post on it notifying Tek as a heads up.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

When I first stumbled onto OB, I found this site to be a figurative breath of fresh air. Was so tired of vehicle specific sites or categorized sites. I love that this site, to paraphrase a popular racing quote, is a "Run what ya brung" site. People here are top notch and I have always had a great experience here. Because of that I became a supporter, long before I became a member.

@Michael and @Corrie, you guys have done a damn fine job as far as I'm concerned. There's a problem...you fix it. I'm okay with that. Your merchandise? The price is worth it as far as I'm concerned. @Michael , you made a mistake...and????? LOL, we all do...and we all will. The same goes for errors in judgement. But let's look at all the great things that @Michael and @Corrie have done for this site. Pretty impressive I say. This site can count on my continuing support...yes @Corrie , even through our "shipping snafu's" and misadventures...I never once thought of leaving the site.

A special shout out to @Steve , Who has done a damn fine job on this site, as a member, moderator, and...administrator? Damn, he has so many banners I can't keep track of 'em all!! Great job guys...and thank you.

~Alan

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
When I first stumbled onto OB, I found this site to be a figurative breath of fresh air. Was so tired of vehicle specific sites or categorized sites. I love that this site, to paraphrase a popular racing quote, is a "Run what ya brung" site. People here are top notch and I have always had a great experience here. Because of that I became a supporter, long before I became a member.

@Michael and @Corrie, you guys have done a damn fine job as far as I'm concerned. There's a problem...you fix it. I'm okay with that. Your merchandise? The price is worth it as far as I'm concerned. @Michael , you made a mistake...and????? LOL, we all do...and we all will. The same goes for errors in judgement. But let's look at all the great things that @Michael and @Corrie have done for this site. Pretty impressive I say. This site can count on my continuing support...yes @Corrie , even through our "shipping snafu's" and misadventures...I never once thought of leaving the site.

A special shout out to @Steve , Who has done a damn fine job on this site, as a member, moderator, and...administrator? Damn, he has so many banners I can't keep track of 'em all!! Great job guys...and thank you.

~Alan
I can't really do this post justice in terms of a response, except to say, I appriciate it. Thank you. Overland Bound has required us to step up, be more, and learn fast. That's AWESOME! We'll continue to improve the community, and could not do it without your support! Yes, hats off to @Steve and the other moderators. We depend on them! It's time to get him another banner! Thank you Alan.

M