Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

Thinking about camping somewhere around wickenburg. Possibly off of vulture mine road and doing hassayampa river off and in throughout the weekend.

Todd & Meg

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Just a reminder there is a meet and greet tomorrow night at Famous Dave's in Mesa. Details are at the rally point.

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
Do you know how that would be pulling a trailer?
Based on the description I don’t think it would be a problem on the main trail. Some of the side roads might be a bit rougher. We will be pulling a Turtleback so will see.

Reactions: Razrrila99

Razrrila99

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Comer
Member #

We cannot make the Meetup but we have been thinking about doing the Desert Paradise Trail (Desert Paradise 4x4 trail | A three day adventure to Parker Arizona) from Wickenburg to Parker. Unfortunately we are not going to be able to do it on a weekend. Would anyone be interested in running this trail June 11-14 or 18-20?
This sounds like my kind of trail. However, until I get a few rotopax in my arsenal I wont be doing this one. 230MI would be too close to being past my fuel window. If you do this, keep us posted. Especially how the Turtleback does (Ill be picking mine up on June 7th).

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

We cannot make the Meetup but we have been thinking about doing the Desert Paradise Trail (Desert Paradise 4x4 trail | A three day adventure to Parker Arizona) from Wickenburg to Parker. Unfortunately we are not going to be able to do it on a weekend. Would anyone be interested in running this trail June 11-14 or 18-20?
Thanks for showing me this website. I haven’t seen it before. Going to check out a little bit of this trail this weekend.

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
This sounds like my kind of trail. However, until I get a few rotopax in my arsenal I wont be doing this one. 230MI would be too close to being past my fuel window. If you do this, keep us posted. Especially how the Turtleback does (Ill be picking mine up on June 7th).
I have 3 five gal jerry cans I can bring along with 2 four gal Rotopax. That should be enough to get 2 vehicles through even with trailers.

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Based on the description I don’t think it would be a problem on the main trail. Some of the side roads might be a bit rougher. We will be pulling a Turtleback so will see.
I have driven some of that area and it should be easy with a trailer. Your mileage may vary. If you own a Turtleback or similar form factor you should have no problem. If your vehicle can make it a Turtleback can make it. I have done sections of the AZ Peace trail between Wikiup and Kingman that would not be trailer friendly or certainly not for any trailer larger than a M416 style/Turtleback style trailer. The trail was too narrow and extreme pinstriping in one section for about 45 minutes.

Reactions: ForestRoadSurfer

BJP

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Parsons
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7VSS
I have driven some of that area and it should be easy with a trailer. Your mileage may vary. If you own a Turtleback or similar form factor you should have no problem. If your vehicle can make it a Turtleback can make it. I have done sections of the AZ Peace trail between Wikiup and Kingman that would not be trailer friendly or certainly not for any trailer larger than a M416 style/Turtleback style trailer. The trail was too narrow and extreme pinstriping in one section for about 45 minutes.
Thanks for the information.

Ddrock1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Litchfield Park, AZ, USA
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Drumtra
Member #

How do you guys in Arizona deal with the heat when camping? I am considering moving in the next few years to a new place and Arizona is on my list but I'm not to sure about the heat.
We camp up north in the summer when it’s hot. We have a lot of spots around Flagstaff.. finding more and more spots in Showlow area as well.