Arizona - Lake Pleasant Trail Planning

• HTML tutorial

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

That's what I was thinking like maybe 5 to 7 or 5 to 8 and I was going to do it the second Saturday of every month that way people could make arrangements or plan for that evening and I also agree on meeting up a few times to maybe more centralized the Meetup based on the group and where everybody decides to come from
I highly suggest Sundays, not just cause I'm biased (lol) but also because a lot of car events happen on Saturday vs Sunday. Plus Tempe Marketplace will be PACKED on Saturday vs Sunday at any time but especially between 4-9 pm.

But, bringing it back around to the topic, anyone that attends, I'll ask about what would work for them!

Last edited:

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Count me in, October's are usually some what hectic, but I can squeeze in an afternoon
October 1 works for us. See you then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Date isn't set in stone yet, any other dates work better for you? Could push it back to early November possibly!

Date are subject to change not base around any single individual! We need to meet as a group to decide what works best for the group . Sorry you don't like my effort to get the group together . I'm just trying to set something up because we don't have a meet up here ! But it will be set up based on a group decision for the best meeting time ,we need to all meet first to do that ! I'm part of a group overland bound not me overland bound!
No I totally understand :D I'm just trying to keep things on track for this event, which is just an off-road crawl of sorts. This is more of a one-time thing vs a scheduled meet-up that you're aiming for. My input for a meet-up like that is late afternoon on a Sunday but like you said, it's a group thing so that's only my opinion :] as far as meeting up a few times to stabilize and figure out what times work best, I'll do my best to come to all of those but if the final recurring dates don't work for me I'll make it occasionally but not all the time, just isn't feasible. Doesn't mean I won't ever show though! Btw I edited my previous post of some typos, I was tired haha.

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

When you set up a rally point that just how it sets it up it can be changed very easy this is an initial meet up to discuss what's best for the group ! THAT'S ALL ! I can't help the rally point sets it that way I'm just trying to get us together !
I don't quite understand? I haven't set up a rally point yet, not until things are more certain, but this thread is for the drive, not a regular meet?

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Okay so I've got some Instagram interest: @STI_Avery, @Overland_Foz, and @GetShifty_Vette are all interested but I don't think they have a forum presence.

Reactions: jeepdaze

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Throwing my hat in the mix...im in North Phoenix, union hills and 7th st. Would love to join the caravan on Oct 1st....need more experience from you gurus.
Glad to have you! My understanding is that this would be 'noob' difficulty, but it should still be a good experience! Plus you get to meet up with other OB members!

Spread the word any way you can!

Eric Haltom

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Mesa, Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Haltom
Last Name
Family
Member #

I've been try to think of a good meeting place to have a monthly meet up. I want to create a rally point maybe 2nd Saturday of the month. Was thinking Tempe market place . I would love opinions on this idea. Let me know I'll create a rally point for monthly meet up for the OB FAMILY to discuss future events locally!
I think Saturdays or Sundays would be great and Tempe Marketplace works for me as well. I'd love to join in.

Tentative Date: October 1st
Tentative Time: 1:00pm
Possibility of setting up various meet-ups throughout the area to cruise to the lake prior to the trail.

Putting feelers out there to see who all might be interested in a driving a relatively-easy off-road trail sometime in the near future.

Attached is a vague idea of what the path would involve. From the sound of things, it should be an easy drive. I chose this on the recommendation of another Arizona member, and I'm doing so with the intention of meeting some local OB members as well as exploring the area and my car's capabilities - that's not to say that I'm doing this with anything less than strong confidence I could do it on my own.

Anyway, feel free to post and let me know what you think!
I think this would be fun, I'd like to join in.

Reactions: PanthurBRZ

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Oct and a Nov outing works:laughing:
No outings planned for Nov, but if this goes well I might look into setting up a Jan one!

Some more news! MountainRoo's Arizona chapter is interested in doing a combination event. I'm also going to try to get Flat4PHX in on this too. If this blows up in popularity like it seems to be, I'm going to look in to expanding the route to make for a longer drive and more fun for the added people! So far we're at 20+ confirmed people!

I'd like to get into contact with people who have used trails in the Lake Pleasant area. Message me if you've done so, please!

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Ok little late in the discussion. I know Ron Clark knows this area well. Also research
http://azoffroad.net/
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/states/AZ
http://azoffroading.com/arizona-trails/
Let me know, contact me PanthurBrz I'm very familiar with the Lake Pleasant area.
Not late at all, I'm still planning things! Plenty of time between now and October :]

Thank you SO much for those websites! Invaluable resources, got a lot of good info and ideas from them. On top of that, I final figured out an old place that I went to one time as a kid and never knew where it was! Hassayampa river, a friend's family took me ATVing there back when I was in middle school, and I only knew the vague area but had no idea how to get there before now.

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Is there going to be a rally point event created for this, or is there one already?
There will be one created soon! I took a drive out there this weekend to explore the area abs found that the drive wasn't that exciting and there wasn't really any point to it other than driving.

I've done some research on landmarks and ruins in the area, so I'm gonna go back out this weekend and plan a few checkpoints to interesting areas along the trails.

AZRUBIJKU

Rank 0

Traveler I

AZ
Another new member, possibly interested. Is this just a trail run, or??? I guess I'm partially confused by the BRZ. Thanks!