Arizona - Lake Pleasant Trail Planning

• HTML tutorial

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Another new member, possibly interested. Is this just a trail run, or??? I guess I'm partially confused by the BRZ. Thanks!
Yes it's a trail run, nothing extreme though haha. I'm still planning things out, the initial trail was more like a road, so I'm trying to find something a bit more interesting that isn't too difficult, plus maybe a scenic area or two.

AZRUBIJKU

Rank 0

Traveler I

AZ
OK thanks, I'll stay tuned in and hope to make it. So are you going offroad in your BRZ? I had thought that they were a two wheel drive Subaru sports car, unlike all their other models.

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

OK thanks, I'll stay tuned in and hope to make it. So are you going offroad in your BRZ? I had thought that they were a two wheel drive Subaru sports car, unlike all their other models.
They are haha. That's why I'm trying to keep things fun and interesting for all but not too difficult as to exclude people who are just starting or don't have rigs that are super capable.

To Everybody:
Speaking of which, I'm thinking I may have to move the date back about a month. The original trail is... Uneventful. Nothing but rough dirt road and there's no real goal in mind like a scenic area or landmark to visit (save for Castle Hot Springs itself, which you can't see much of.)

I've gone out a couple times myself to find paths to extend the route, get to some interesting landmarks and the like, but I'm finding a lot of things in the area that were previously accessible are now private property. Roads that, on a map, seem perfectly fine, but in person are too narrow, far too difficult, or simply impassable. A week ago, I actually got myself stuck. This wouldn't be that big a deal for others, considering I'm on the "not very capable" end of the off-roading spectrum, however it proved difficult enough for @JTorres , with a well-equipped Excursion and Wrangler, that I don't see last week's area as a possibility for the majority. I still have more places to check out, but it's proving more difficult than originally planned, and rather than canceling it all together, I'd like to still have an event, but I'll need more time.

Long story short: original path is a 1 or 2/10 in all categories, everything else I've found is either inaccessible or a 6+/10 when I'm looking for 4/10. Stay tuned!

Reactions: Slicer777

Marin

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Peoria, AZ
Member #

Count me in whenever the date is finalized.

There are some unmarked trails around the lake off of castle hot springs road where you can see some cool old mines that are no longer operational. They are accessible via some washes that are not to difficult. I can look to see if I still have the GPS log of the path. I will let you know if I find it.

Reactions: PanthurBRZ

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Count me in whenever the date is finalized.

There are some unmarked trails around the lake off of castle hot springs road where you can see some cool old mines that are no longer operational. They are accessible via some washes that are not to difficult. I can look to see if I still have the GPS log of the path. I will let you know if I find it.
Any luck on finding that GPS path? I had a few abandoned buildings on my list to check out, including an old dam, but haven't made it to them yet.