PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Date: October 1st
Tentative Time: 1:00pm
Possibility of setting up various meet-ups throughout the area to cruise to the lake prior to the trail.

Putting feelers out there to see who all might be interested in a driving a relatively-easy off-road trail sometime in the near future.

Attached is a vague idea of what the path would involve. From the sound of things, it should be an easy drive. I chose this on the recommendation of another Arizona member, and I'm doing so with the intention of meeting some local OB members as well as exploring the area and my car's capabilities - that's not to say that I'm doing this with anything less than strong confidence I could do it on my own.

Anyway, feel free to post and let me know what you think!

Attachments

Last edited:

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I'm in!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Any particular days work better than others?
Unfortunately, I'm pretty much confined to the weekends. Also, we just moved here from Michigan and are moving into a new house next week, so I guess I may be a little limited in the short term. However, my son and I are very interested, so we'll try our best to work around it.

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Unfortunately, I'm pretty much confined to the weekends. Also, we just moved here from Michigan and are moving into a new house next week, so I guess I may be a little limited in the short term. However, my son and I are very interested, so we'll try our best to work around it.

Well then! Welcome to the valley :] I think Sunday is a pretty safe day for most, especially if it's an afternoon-type deal.

Just to throw it out there, how's October 1st sound?

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Well then! Welcome to the valley :] I think Sunday is a pretty safe day for most, especially if it's an afternoon-type deal.

Just to throw it out there, how's October 1st sound?
That works!

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I've been try to think of a good meeting place to have a monthly meet up. I want to create a rally point maybe 2nd Saturday of the month. Was thinking Tempe market place . I would love opinions on this idea. Let me know I'll create a rally point for monthly meet up for the OB FAMILY to discuss future events locally!

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

I've been try to think of a good meeting place to have a monthly meet up. I want to create a rally point maybe 2nd Saturday of the month. Was thinking Tempe market place . I would love opinions on this idea. Let me know I'll create a rally point for monthly meet up for the OB FAMILY to discuss future events locally!
Sadly my work schedule kills any socializing until after 8 unless it's a Sunday or Monday. Other than that, driving isn't an issue for me so I'm happy to go 45+ minutes for meets, especially if they aren't weekly. From what I've seen in other car meets, middle-to-northern Phoenix seems to be the most popular vs a west/east side split. Maybe somewhere along the 17 and Indian School? That's pretty central.

Edit: Sundays at Metro Center! The malls close early on Sundays, so there shouldn't be too much crowding. It's centralized to the valley with routes to all major freeways, too. Maybe a 2nd Sunday 6:30pm kind of deal?

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

Sadly my work schedule kills any socializing until after 8 unless it's a Sunday or Monday. Other than that, driving isn't an issue for me so I'm happy to go 45+ minutes for meets, especially if they aren't weekly. From what I've seen in other car meets, middle-to-northern Phoenix seems to be the most popular vs a west/east side split. Maybe somewhere along the 17 and Indian School? That's pretty central.

Edit: Sundays at Metro Center! The malls close early on Sundays, so there shouldn't be too much crowding. It's centralized to the valley with routes to all major freeways, too. Maybe a 2nd Sunday 6:30pm kind of deal?
For stuff like meet-ups, I can do evenings during the week as well. Sundays are good, but I could also do Monday evenings.

Back in Michigan, Monday nights were our biggest turnout for Jeep nights at the pub. Must have worked with people's schedules the best, I guess.

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Always looking for an excuse to hit the dirt.
Thoughts on October 1st?

For stuff like meet-ups, I can do evenings during the week as well. Sundays are good, but I could also do Monday evenings.

Back in Michigan, Monday nights were our biggest turnout for Jeep nights at the pub. Must have worked with people's schedules the best, I guess.

There's a weekly meet topic pinned in the parent subforum, might be helpful to bring out up in there?

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

When you look at the members map and you look at the way the members in our state are dispersed across the valley where most of the members are located Tempe Marketplace is kind of centralized the only other place that I would really probably pick would be Scottsdale somewhere ! I'm coming from Casa Grande which is probably farther than anybody would come that's almost a drive that I don't want to do late Sunday night or Monday after work seeing as I get up at 4:30 in the morning that's why I'm trying to make this a once-a-month Meetup a majority of the people are going to have weekends off! I'm trying to centralize based on where members are located on the members map! In my honest opinion I don't think people will drive far distances on a Sunday or Monday night based on where the members are located! I'm open to options because we do not have any sort of meet up for OB members in our state I'm thinking somewhere in Scottsdale we want as many Ob members to come as possible!

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

When you look at the members map and you look at the way the members in our state are dispersed across the valley where most of the members are located Tempe Marketplace is kind of centralized the only other place that I would really probably pick would be Scottsdale somewhere ! I'm coming from Casa Grande which is probably farther than anybody would come that's almost a drive that I don't want to do late Sunday night or Monday after work seeing as I get up at 4:30 in the morning that's why I'm trying to make this a once-a-month Meetup a majority of the people are going to have weekends off! I'm trying to centralize based on where members are located on the members map! In my honest opinion I don't think people will drive far distances on a Sunday or Monday night based on where the members are located! I'm open to options because we do not have any sort of meet up for OB members in our state I'm thinking somewhere in Scottsdale we want as many Ob members to come as possible!
You make a good point, I didn't think to look at the map. Also keep in mind that it may be helpful to try a meet-up a few times and ask those who show what they think of the location. Tempe marketplace actually works better for me, but like I said, I'm not worried about distance. But also, maybe going earlier in the day will be better? Maybe 5:00? Could do like a 5-8 thing.

I'm basing this on Subaru and BRZ/FRS meets, which are usually weekdays and at 7:30 or later, so my experience is unique and not the norm for this kind of thing.

KTM GRIZZLY

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Apache Junction, AZ, USA
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Girard
Member #

You make a good point, I didn't think to look at the map. Also keep in mind that it may be helpful to try a meet-up a few times and ask those who show what they think of the location. Tempe marketplace actually works better for me, but like I said, I'm not worried about distance. But also, maybe going earlier in the day will be better? Maybe 5:00? Could do like a 5-8 thing.

I'm basing this on Subaru and BRZ/FRS meets, which are usually weekdays and at 7:30 or later, so my experience is unique and not the norm for this kind of thing.
That's what I was thinking like maybe 5 to 7 or 5 to 8 and I was going to do it the second Saturday of every month that way people could make arrangements or plan for that evening and I also agree on meeting up a few times to maybe more centralized the Meetup based on the group and where everybody decides to come from