Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

A friend just keyed me into these at Walmart. Three sizes (Sizes, prices and links below) and based on the images they appear to be very similar to the ARB vehicle awnings. For the price I think I may have to try one!!!
ef184031-d287-413c-a312-3be313ea4ef9_1.e370fb85fb4ba86f3d0f8355b108c2e0.jpeg

4.6' x 6.6' - $103.09
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Camping-Car-Tent-Vehicle-Awning-Family-Picnic-Fishing-Tent-4-6x6-6Ft/394034985

6.6' x 8.2' - $128.66
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Anti-UV-Waterproof-Vehicle-Awning-Outdoor-Travel-Car-Tent-Large-Sun-Shelter-Family-Camping-Fishing-Picnic-Tent-6-6x8-2Ft/586594744

6.6' x 8.2' - $145.49
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Outdoor-Car-Awning-Folding-Car-Tent-Camping-Fishing-Travel-Shelter-8-2x8-2Ft/534754049

Reactions: Quicksilver

Kenstaroni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

They were like $33 yesterday and some dudes I know bought them and they got an email claiming that some items had quality issues and they couldn't be shipped but offered a refund. Looks like they goofed on the pricing early on and this is thier "excuse" so to speak to get out of it which personally I think is b.s. Emails were written by someone overseas, you can tell by the grammar and word choices. I'd wait until someone gets one of these in hand before buying. Product, seller, etc all seems a little fishy based on what I've seen.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

They were like $33 yesterday and some dudes I know bought them and they got an email claiming that some items had quality issues and they couldn't be shipped but offered a refund. Looks like they goofed on the pricing early on and this is thier "excuse" so to speak to get out of it which personally I think is b.s. Emails were written by someone overseas, you can tell by the grammar and word choices. I'd wait until someone gets one of these in hand before buying. Product, seller, etc all seems a little fishy based on what I've seen.
Thanks for the heads up!

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

They were actually as low as $13 yesterday with free shipping! I read of dozens and dozens of people placing orders, many for multiple to resell. I expect this will not end in folks actually getting awnings on their door-step.

El Capitan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Logan
Last Name
Breedlove
That sucks for anyone who ordered. Im still going to keep an eye on them, it would be about the same price as making one myself. So to me the trade off of being able to buy it would be much better. May go see if the local Wal-Mart actually has one in stock and look at the quality.

Kenstaroni

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Nashville, TN
Member #

The posts I'm seeing on local Facebook groups is that the supplier is so far doing anything they can to offer refunds claiming the shipment is damaged still. However they are selling them for the new price out of a good shipment when questioned. They wont honor the price and so far I haven't seen anyone say they got one shipped. A buddy has said to them in an email that he will take the damaged unit for parts and they still won't do it.

This was a hopeful super low priced piece of gear for folks, but looks like it's a pricing error by an overseas company who screwed up, won't admit it, and won't ship the product.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
I got lucky found a brand new ARB awning on Craigslist for a great deal...this would have been a great option too bad they are messing people around.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

Walmart is trying to compete with Amazon and other online retailers. And they all seem to be playing fast and loose with what suppliers they will trust to provide products. I'm still piecing together a sub 50$ DIY awning setup. If this walmart awning ever materializes into reality, someone needs to do a side by side with the ARB.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors