Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canonsburg PA, USA
First Name
Val
Last Name
Valiente
Member #

There is a State land I go to every year just right next to Little town called Vanderbilt, there are all kinds of beautiful lakes and rivers in that area, I highly suggest Pickerel Lake, awesome place to Overland.

I live in Pittsburgh, not many places to overland unless you go to West Virginia.

Reactions: RyanC

aearles

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

USA
Metro Detroit area here too, but I've been traveling out west for about a year. We'll be back eventually, I guess.

Reactions: Ttwixxxx

Celt

Rank 0

Contributor I

Just signed up. Newaygo, MI here. This spring we will be exploring new and longer trails near us, already have a decent path to Irons from here...

Reactions: RyanC

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
Just signed up. Newaygo, MI here. This spring we will be exploring new and longer trails near us, already have a decent path to Irons from here...
Welcome! I believe I've taken a route from around Newaygo up towards Irons before. If you map it out when you do it, please share. I forgot to record it when I did it.

Celt

Rank 0

Contributor I

I did map it out on onxhunt maps. I have to figure out how to get it in picture for to share. Not sure if I can convert to a gps map or google maps. still playing with it and I have a cheapo smart phone :)

Captain Josh

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid-Michigan
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Fornwall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4WOL
Welcome all! I did part of Tin-Cup just after Thanksgiving and had a blast. Looking forward to getting back up there in the spring!

NZ4runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling Heights MI
Member #

Im in metro detroit... Ill be getting my 4Runner in May, and ill be on the road as much as possible then. Ill be looking for some beginner trails to start with, but a heads up on anything interesting here in Michigan would be much appreciated. Some friends to explore with would be cool too...

desiryder

Rank 0

Contributor I

Im in metro detroit... Ill be getting my 4Runner in May, and ill be on the road as much as possible then. Ill be looking for some beginner trails to start with, but a heads up on anything interesting here in Michigan would be much appreciated. Some friends to explore with would be cool too...
Cool man! We will do it!

RyanC

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Pinckney, MI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1RAC
I like where this is going. I got bitten by the overland bug 2 years ago but my only trips so far was to a family member's back yard in traverse city and overland expo east this year. I've been slowly gathering the stuff I need and outfitting my truck. I still need a little more water capacity and I have to figure out how I want to do extra fuel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: desiryder

desiryder

Rank 0

Contributor I

I like where this is going. I got bitten by the overland bug 2 years ago but my only trips so far was to a family member's back yard in traverse city and overland expo east this year. I've been slowly gathering the stuff I need and outfitting my truck. I still need a little more water capacity and I have to figure out how I want to do extra fuel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using OB Talk mobile app
I see you are from Pinckney Ryan. I used to live in Ann Arbor and ride my motorcycle around Pinckney area, good roads ( in Michigan lol). The overland bug got me this year itself when I accidentally stumbled upon Expedition Overland Alaska/Yukon series. I immediately sold my car to a friend and got myself a 4x4 and loving it every bit except for the gas mileage lol. I am actually heading to Big Bend National Park, TX for the Christmas break, looking forward to that. I think we should do a small gathering sometime in Jan 2017 when everybody gets home from the break and all cheered up. Looking forward to meeting you guys and I will also keep an eye out for well kitted Taco when I am in Pinckney lol!