2017 4runner TRD Off Road build "Hyperion"

• HTML tutorial

NZ4runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling Heights MI
Member #

Just picked the new 2017 TRD Off road 4runner. Been waiting since February... The dealership forgot the TRD skid plate in front, but otherwise im excited to get started. Here are the Before Photos...

Ill very soon be installing...
-RCI sliders
-Bfg Ko2 275/70/17 tires
-Gobi stealth rack
-Baja rack rear ladder
-40in Light bar on the Gobi rack
-Front TRD skid plate
-Sleeping platform to cover the folded rear seats and cargo area
-Overland bound emblems lol

Possible/ future additions
-Suspension or Leveling kit (havent decided)
-Hefty fab works front bumper
-Rear bumper (undecided)
-Winch (undecided)

20170518_183248.jpg 20170518_183308.jpg

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

That's a shiny one! Congratulations! Hopefully you already have your Gobi rack ordered, because they are several months out on delivery.

NZ4runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling Heights MI
Member #

Picked up the new tires this morning, and got my RCI sliders installed. Very easy installation, except a couple of the bolts didnt quite line up. Instead each slider is missing a couple at this point, but considering i dont really plan on rock crawling with my daily driver im not too worried about it. Tires are getting installed monday... Also finally got an email from GOBI saying my stealth rack is shipping out next week.
20170520_115105.jpg 20170520_121637.jpg 20170520_123938.jpg

Reactions: YETI X and Mike G

NZ4runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling Heights MI
Member #

Ive also built a platform for the back that makes the floor flush when the seats are folded down. I just used 3/8 plywood, and attached a 2x4 frame under half of it. The half without the frame rests on the back of the folded seats. I covered every part that makes contact with the car with some gray carpeting i found at Lowes. I bought a 3 inch thick foam pad, and cut it to fit. Right now im just working on getting the foam covered in fabric. Should make a very nice sleeping area. Pictures will come soon.

Reactions: RainGoat and Cavo

Gadsdan

Rank II
Founder 500
Launch Member

Contributor III

PNW
First Name
DANIEL
Last Name
ZUMINI
Member #

Looking good, love the TRD Pro's!

ngurney

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Provo, Utah, USA
Member #

What model did you order, and what color?! Im excited for you man, i had to wait almost 3 months for mine. 960 miles on it in the 2 weeks ive had it, and i love it sofar.
2017 TRD Off Road Premium + a sun roof in grey. I'm so excited! I haven't felt like I can do any OB meets and stuff in my subi so this will be a nice change.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

NZ4runner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sterling Heights MI
Member #

Got the bed for the rear all finished... Thought i would post some pics. Its a simple 2x4 and plywood frame. It easily slides in and out of the truck, and its not too heavy. I covered all the surfaces that will touch the interior with some carpet i got up at lowes. I didnt bother covering ever square inch because the foam matress will cover the top. The foam is 3 inch thick high density furniture foam. I picked it up at a local foam/ upholstery shop. I got my mom to sew a nice cover for it. All in all im pretty happy with the result. Its comfortable, and i think it should hold up well.
20170612_142714.jpg 20170612_142804.jpg

Last edited: