Wrecked my baby Update:

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Sooo..... Jeep update. Just got off the phone with the body shop, they are at $3671 and they haven't even torn off fenders or bumpers to check for more damage. Plus, it still has to be looked at by a mechanic to see whats messed up in the front end. I'm gonna be pissed if they try to total it.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Yeah I'm hoping not. Iv'e put a ton of work into this Jeep and I am not wanting to start over. I just bought it 3 months ago.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Hopefully the frames not tweaked or bent.
did I miss the post about the wreck? What happened? I better go check the forums...

I see you liked the thread so I'm assuming you found it. It is a Uni-body, I doubt i bent the frame on it but i may have bent mounting points for the lower control arms and those may or may not be repairable.

Laughing Otter

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

13973 State Hwy 112, Sekiu, WA, USA
First Name
Ansa
Last Name
Langer
Member #

I see you liked the thread so I'm assuming you found it. It is a Uni-body, I doubt i bent the frame on it but i may have bent mounting points for the lower control arms and those may or may not be repairable.
Let me clarify...I liked a guys comment about an Isuzu on your post. I hope I didn't offend by thinking I "liked" that your baby got hurt. Not familiar with Jeeps and not an expert mechanic, so forgive me if this sounds stupid...but the mounts...can't be replaced like say, motor mounts?

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Let me clarify...I liked a guys comment about an Isuzu on your post. I hope I didn't offend by thinking I "liked" that your baby got hurt. Not familiar with Jeeps and not an expert mechanic, so forgive me if this sounds stupid...but the mounts...can't be replaced like say, motor mounts?

Since it is a Uni-Body i am unsure if it is bent if they can straighten it or weld a new one on. We will find out. The driver side wheel is 1in or so further back then the passenger so something got bent.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

A clandestinely arrived, illegally placed non-resident person from another country high on drugs and alcohol with a criminal record blew through a light last year and flipped my wife in her SUV. There looks like there was much less damage to it than to yours and they totalled it. It was NOT a very good process to get the most of the totalled claim.

My wife took care of it but she ended up turning down the first 3 offers by the Insurance company. They eventually tripled the original offer because she did her research and called them out on their odd appraisal for vehicle price averages within 100 miles. They would get several normal priced vehicles around the same Price/mileage and then pick one or two from outside the 100 mile radius to purposely bring down the average.

Good Luck. If you have to replace it, Thankfully Grand Cherokees are plentiful in just about any price range.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

A clandestinely arrived, illegally placed non-resident person from another country high on drugs and alcohol with a criminal record blew through a light last year and flipped my wife in her SUV. There looks like there was much less damage to it than to yours and they totalled it. It was NOT a very good process to get the most of the totalled claim.

My wife took care of it but she ended up turning down the first 3 offers by the Insurance company. They eventually tripled the original offer because she did her research and called them out on their odd appraisal for vehicle price averages within 100 miles. They would get several normal priced vehicles around the same Price/mileage and then pick one or two from outside the 100 mile radius to purposely bring down the average.

Good Luck. If you have to replace it, Thankfully Grand Cherokees are plentiful in just about any price range.

Yeah they are everywhere but the issue is i spent a TON of time looking for the right one. This GC was spotless inside and out and I paid extra for that. When i bought it, it had 95k miles on it and now it has 105k. Runs perfect, looks perfect...I'm gonna be so angry if they try to screw me over.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I understand your frustration.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Couple days after I bought it, with 2in lift.
11996966_10206699307454392_228775168_n.jpg

How it sat before the wreck.
12088099_10206903738245034_1605534050478072296_n.jpg

toxicity_27

US MidWest Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member II

Minnesota
Member #

I hate to say it, because that is one clean WJ, but they will probably total it. Maybe you can buy it back and turn it into your dedicated overland rig and get something different for dding?

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I just spoke with the adjuster he said "I absolutely hate totaling a vehicle like this where someone has put so much work and time into. I will do my best to get it fixed correctly, safely and in a timely manner. So far the nearly $4k does not exceed the 80% of retail value of your Jeep so it looks good so far" That gives me hope. I personally thing the steering issue is a bent tie rod.

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I hate to say it, because that is one clean WJ, but they will probably total it. Maybe you can buy it back and turn it into your dedicated overland rig and get something different for dding?
That was my thought at well. If you do just realize (varies by state I believe) that you will have to go through an inspection to get it tagged again.

This is one of my biggest fears, having mine get totaled. There is just about zero chance I am going to find another alpha/adventure equipped with the mileage mine has.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

That was my thought at well. If you do just realize (varies by state I believe) that you will have to go through an inspection to get it tagged again.

This is one of my biggest fears, having mine get totaled. There is just about zero chance I am going to find another alpha/adventure equipped with the mileage mine has.
Indiana has no inspections!! Woo Hoo!!

Reactions: Byron Eby and MarkW

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

As much as I hate to say it. If they find the unibody is tweeked there's no fixing that man. But I got my fingers crossed for ya that they get it fixed without totaling it! It's hard to find people that mod wjs, I'd like to see as many as possible stay on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

As much as I hate to say it. If they find the unibody is tweeked there's no fixing that man. But I got my fingers crossed for ya that they get it fixed without totaling it! It's hard to find people that mod wjs, I'd like to see as many as possible stay on the road.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

It is still just amazing the damage that can be done at 10mph....

Reactions: Byron Eby