Wrecked my baby Update:

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

We will see what happens... He said he would call me tonight or first thing in the morning and let me know the final estimate.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I only paid $3600 for my WJ! I hope you get to keep yours. This is really motivating me to speed up the armor on mine. I was going to wait until summer to start fabbing my bumpers, maybe I'll start sooner.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I only paid $3600 for my WJ! I hope you get to keep yours. This is really motivating me to speed up the armor on mine. I was going to wait until summer to start fabbing my bumpers, maybe I'll start sooner.

Yeah, If I would have had a steel bumper I think the damage would have been a lot less. I'm gonna flip out if they try to total it. I might need bailed out of jail.

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Got some hopeful news from the adjuster. He said it has been sent to their head review agent but so far he said it appears they are not going to total it due to the upgrades and condition of it prior to the wreck. I should know for sure by tomorrow morning.

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

You should check out flatland4x4.com. They sell plans for bumpers for $30. All you have to do is cut the metal and weld it together. There's another place, G&G custom metal fab that sells kits you just have to weld. They're around $350 or so. Cheapest I've found so far.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

How do you like the bumper? Do,you have pics?
I love the bumpers super sturdy made of 3/16th steel and then mounting points are all 1/4. I'll prolly bend my unibody rails before these lol
Check out first page of my build thread (Thorinator: the silver wj) I suggest having an experienced welder put them together. Gary had fixed some of the original design issues in the front bumpers, but the rear none tire carrier bumper is a bitch to get together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Damn....I'm sorry to hear that man.....can you pull all your shit off and will your insurance cut ya a check for what it's worth hopefully allow you to have some coin in your pocket so you can get another one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Have to leave stuff on it cause they paid me for it. I may buy it back if it's cheap enough. I am taking out all the switches, relays and wiring for the lights since I didn't claim it. But they are giving me a very fair settlement. $7800 which I only paid $6500 for it 3 months ago. I still owe 5900$ so the left over cash will go towards a down payment on another Jeep. I found a pretty sweet XJ.