Wrecked my baby Update:

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

First off sorry about your ride. Second I've owned a 06 trailblazer and enjoyed it. It was only a 2 wheel drive and had a very smooth ride. Happy hunting!
Glad to hear you liked it... Still bummed about the WJ but life goes on. This one may convince my wife to get out more with me since it has all the "comforts" in it... Nav system, DVD player, Backup cam, heated seats, etc....

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I looked at trailblazers before buying my WJ. They are not a bad option for an overland vehicle. Not a lot of modified ones out there and not nearly as easy to find parts for, but some of them come with an lsd in the rear and you will definitely have something unique which is always cool!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

I'd honestly say try to stay with something that is solid axle front end. Less things to go wrong, more options are far as lifts go too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Reactions: rooster_sauce

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Oh man.... found this gem after work. Going to test drive it Monday. Not a spec of rust and very clean! This may be the one as long as it drives correctly 20160109_152149.jpg

Reactions: Byron Eby

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

$3700 and it needs tires. I may try to talk him down but based on local market that is a great price.

rooster_sauce

Rank III

Advocate II

Man, I'm sorry about your wj. If you go the Cherokee (xj) route I think you'd be pleasantly surprised. Generally, they're a little more rugged than the wj and lack in creature comforts but they are cheap, the after market parts are insane, and the 4.0 L6 could be launched into the sun and still work. Best motor I've ever owned next to the 22RE in my truck.

Generally people like the 4th quarter production 96-99 cherokees for a few reasons: In 95 the dana 30 front axle got a little beefier. In late 96 switched to the 29 spline C8.25 axle (much stronger).

99 emissions laws caused Jeep to put more restrictive catalytic converterson so Jeep upgraded their intake manifold to make up for the loss of horsepower. Result: Put a 99+ intake manifold on a 98 or older cherokee and get an extra 20-25 hp.
hope this helps

Personal opinion: get a manual transmission, the AX-15 is the best transmission Jeep ever used and is found in some Toyotas I believe.

If you do, let me know if you have questions. If not, like it was said before, go for a vehicle with a solid front axle.

Last edited:

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Lift, wheels and tires stated on the other rig, they wouldn't have fit this Cherokee anyways. Rack and lights I kept. The

Overland-Indiana

Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Well this is the new rig... has 165k miles on it but runs perfect. Took it to my mechanic to have it inspected. He found power steering pump going out and a brake issue. The dealer was asking $4200 for it. I talked him into putting new tires on it and fixing the issues and including taxes for $4470.. pretty happy with the deal and hope everything checks out ok and I have it a long time! 20160109_152149.jpg