Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

Match made in ???

I've been searching around a few forums and google to see some examples of sPOD installs in WJs. Alas, I've come up empty handed.

Has anyone with a WJ installed an sPOD or something similar?

What was your experience like? Did you go with sPOD or something else (including DIY wiring)?

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
$_1.jpg
On mine, I had these 2 spots open as I didn't have the heated seats. I just drilled the hole for the switch and ran the wiring under the dash and through the factory hole and rubber boot on firewall on the driver side. Not sure if this will aid with your desired setup, but just some insight on what I've done.

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

It's coming to the point I think I'll need to run individual switches like you did. My rig has the heated seats, but I'm wondering if I can make something to cover the open cubby between the area you put your switches.

Reason I wanted to ask, is because there is so little room in the engine bay of these machines I wasn't sure where or if it would fit nicely. Secondly, switch location could be an issue since mine has all the bells and whistles. Sure would be convenient though.

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
I too would like to add an sPOD to my XJ and couldn't settle on which one to go with...not to throw a wrench in your dream but ARB just came out with a new setup that makes the sPOD look like childsplay. It's called Link and here is some info about it https://linx.arb.com.au

stickel

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stickel
Member #

I too would like to add an sPOD to my XJ and couldn't settle on which one to go with...not to throw a wrench in your dream but ARB just came out with a new setup that makes the sPOD look like childsplay. It's called Link and here is some info about it https://linx.arb.com.au
Always keen to look at new toys. Thanks for the link.

Actually found a few tutorials for waterproof relay/switch boxes (search Bussmann fuse relay) last night. Might end up going that route and save some major cash.

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
I’ve owned 2 different Spods. The first gen on my Jeep LJ and the SE with touch screen on my current F150. These rock and what’s better is the customer service is killer. ARB makes great stuff but I’d recommend the spod for sure.