Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
We were in Yosemite over the weekend and google routed us by LaGrange Off-road park? Anyone been out there? We checked it out and it looked like complete mayhem that somehow worked.

Reactions: HuffyWK

HuffyWK

Rank II

Enthusiast I

San Francisco, CA, USA
First Name
Huffy
Last Name
Hafera
Member #

We were in Yosemite over the weekend and google routed us by LaGrange Off-road park? Anyone been out there? We checked it out and it looked like complete mayhem that somehow worked.

Can’t say i have been, have you checked it out at this point?

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Concord/East Bay here!

I just bought a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon a few months ago,am new to off-roading, and have been trying to hit up trails/SVRA’s/off-road parks that are within a couple hours from where I live and can be a good day trip.

Attachments

Reactions: PapaDave

Dobbz

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rosellini
Hi everyone, located in Burlingame - not far from SFO. Bought my Jeep a couple of years ago but now trying to figure out what overlanding is all about. Pic is from my first off-road trip on the rubicon trail last year. Anyone know of any meetups in the Bay Area?

Attachments

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
OVERLAND BOUND EAST BAY MEETUP

Monthly Meet Up
Sunday September 11th, 2022 1-3pm
Pleasanton Ridge Regional Park (staging area)
9801 Foothill Rd
Sunol, CA 94586

Open House Sunday
This month will be a little different in that we will have an open house Sunday to show off your rig. One of our members mentioned that they had never been in a roof top tent before. So the goal of the meet up to bring your rig ready to show off and ready for guests. If you don’t want someone to sit inside just keep your doors closed, but maybe someone has wondered how spacious a Jeep is. If you are ok with having people check out your particular brand of RTT open it up, or your trailer built in, or your camper top. Often we watch videos but never have an idea of the reality to all the different vehicle configurations we ride in down the trail. So if you are willing to open up your rig it will be a fun day.

AF6CB935-CC5B-47CB-9A00-A024094E8780.jpeg

Last edited:

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi everyone, located in Burlingame - not far from SFO. Bought my Jeep a couple of years ago but now trying to figure out what overlanding is all about. Pic is from my first off-road trip on the rubicon trail last year. Anyone know of any meetups in the Bay Area?
Yup, we meet the second Sunday of each month. The link above takes you to our thread. We have about 80 people that rotate in and out, it’s a great group of good friendly people. See the link above, post #2 has the yearly calendar

Dobbz

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rosellini
I know this is an older post - but I’ve been thinking about checking out Knoxville OHV and am a novice to off-roading. Is it doable for a beginner?
Based on the reviews that I found in a Google search, it looks like a perfect spot for beginners:
HTML:
<a href=“https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sa=X&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALiCzsZWyZ2yoJulHeZU1uQ4d64ymeEQ8A:1662098078049&q=beginner+4x4+trails+knoxville+ohv&ved=2ahUKEwjDm5jstfX5AhUiIX0KHVR_DCcQuzF6BAgBEAI&biw=1180&bih=713&dpr=2”>Google search<\a>
Also thinking about taking a trip up north to check out the Mendocino backcountry discovery trail.

Edit: excuse the link in my post still trying to figure this out.

Reactions: JaredThomsen

Dobbz

Rank I

Contributor III

First Name
Sean
Last Name
Rosellini
Yup, we meet the second Sunday of each month. The link above takes you to our thread. We have about 80 people that rotate in and out, it’s a great group of good friendly people. See the link above, post #2 has the yearly calendar
Noice! I’ll try and make it out on Sunday. Thanks for the information on the meetup. Much appreciated.

Reactions: PapaDave

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Thanks for the feedback!

I wish there were some great offroad trails more local to the East Bay, but driving a couple hours to catch a trail or something is definitely doable.

If you end up hitting the Mendocino backcountry discovery trail I’d love to hear how you thought it was.

I know this is an older post - but I’ve been thinking about checking out Knoxville OHV and am a novice to off-roading. Is it doable for a beginner?
Based on the reviews that I found in a Google search, it looks like a perfect spot for beginners:
HTML:
<a href=“https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&sa=X&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALiCzsZWyZ2yoJulHeZU1uQ4d64ymeEQ8A:1662098078049&q=beginner+4x4+trails+knoxville+ohv&ved=2ahUKEwjDm5jstfX5AhUiIX0KHVR_DCcQuzF6BAgBEAI&biw=1180&bih=713&dpr=2”>Google search<\a>
Also thinking about taking a trip up north to check out the Mendocino backcountry discovery trail.

Edit: excuse the link in my post still trying to figure this out.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Ive been there and its fairly easy, even seen a vw beetle out there. Just dont head out there when its raining

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Awesome, good to know! Thanks for the feedback! I’ll have to get out there before the rainy season starts then.

Ive been there and its fairly easy, even seen a vw beetle out there. Just dont head out there when its raining

FirenzeForza4x4

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Napa Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Apal
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6SNX

From Knoxville OHV last weekend. It's perfect out there right now!

Knoxville is pretty terrible I won’t lie. It’s also like a furnace in summer.

Mendocino NF can be great, also hot. Check out the North Bay group. They run up there quite a bit.

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

I appreciate your honest feedback! Gotcha! I’ll have to keep an eye on the North Bay group also. Thanks!

From Knoxville OHV last weekend. It's perfect out there right now!

Knoxville is pretty terrible I won’t lie. It’s also like a furnace in summer.

Mendocino NF can be great, also hot. Check out the North Bay group. They run up there quite a bit.

Reactions: FirenzeForza4x4