Whose from the Bay Area? Post a pic

• HTML tutorial

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

Oakley (East Contra Costa County) checking in.

Also looking for people who have mid-week days off. I currently have Tues, Wed, Thur off- so weekend trips can be a little tough.

My vehicle is a 1976 CJ-7. I was my first vehicle and has taken me across the Rubicon a couple times, as well as countless others- BK (Before Kids). Since the kids came along it has been doing a lot of sitting, but now I'm getting it back trail worthy.

Detroit locker rear
Tru-Trac locker front
9000 lbs winch
on-board arc welder
on-board air (converted A/C pump)
Dual batteries (solenoid issolated)
140 amp alternator
4" spring lift
33" tires
Sway-bar disconnects
Hi-Lift Jack
Countless other mods!!!!

I had to re-install the rear seat to accommodate the kids- so now I will probably be looking to build or buy a trailer to replace the lost storage. I'm skeptical about loading up a roof rack and raising my center of gravity to much.

Jeep1.jpg

Notice the small dent on the side of the hood. That is from the roll-bar of another Jeep that rolled on the Rubicon.

Cam_Cam_Tech

Rank VI

Pathfinder III

Pleasant Hill, CA
First Name
Camilo
Last Name
Sanchez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6QLZ
Oakley (East Contra Costa County) checking in.

Also looking for people who have mid-week days off. I currently have Tues, Wed, Thur off- so weekend trips can be a little tough.

My vehicle is a 1976 CJ-7. I was my first vehicle and has taken me across the Rubicon a couple times, as well as countless others- BK (Before Kids). Since the kids came along it has been doing a lot of sitting, but now I'm getting it back trail worthy.

Detroit locker rear
Tru-Trac locker front
9000 lbs winch
on-board arc welder
on-board air (converted A/C pump)
Dual batteries (solenoid issolated)
140 amp alternator
4" spring lift
33" tires
Sway-bar disconnects
Hi-Lift Jack
Countless other mods!!!!

I had to re-install the rear seat to accommodate the kids- so now I will probably be looking to build or buy a trailer to replace the lost storage. I'm skeptical about loading up a roof rack and raising my center of gravity to much.

View attachment 20198

Notice the small dent on the side of the hood. That is from the roll-bar of another Jeep that rolled on the Rubicon.
Hard to find the mid week people but they are there.
I feel you on the BK thing. But I went a different route, sold the TJ on 35s locked, same thing many rubicon trips (while the tree was still there at little sluice and the night activity there was nuts), countless trips, baja trips, etc. I didn't want a rack either and having a big dog wasn't going to work. Opted for my current 4 door vehicle that although not as capable should get me thru the rubicon by next year.
But for now it will still allow us to take camping trips this summer and run easier trails.

I'll be looking for a CJ-2a at some point to drive around locally and flat tow it up the do forest runs. Few friends and brother is law have them, its fun to drive them around all together.

@cam_toyota_tech

Reactions: Randy P