Who's all going to Overland Expo West 2018?

• HTML tutorial

Whiteknuckler

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Irvine, Ca.
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6VBG
Will be there
Last year the wife and I had the full package
This year I am volunteering (Wednesday - Sunday)

Will look for you all

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
Although we are bringing our MTN bikes with plans to get a few rides in, I'm not sure how or when, as I've signed up for so many classes, seminars, demos, Ect., that I haven't left any time for much else. I might just have to ditch a class or two...

We will be arriving on Thursday afternoon around 2:00-3:00'ish in order to grab a decent camping spot, so a late afternoon ride on Thursday might be in order.

Anyone interested in doing a little intermediate level mountain biking while at the expo PM me or swing by our camp site. We will be in the dispersed camping area with the Convoy 40 group. I'll be flying a pirate flag from the top of "The Beast". Come by and say hi, or join us for a MTN bike ride........

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

Anyone else bringing their kids to the Expo? I'll have my 11 year old son in tow and it would be great if there were other kids for him to hang out with.

-Curtiss

Overland-Equipt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ
Member #

Anyone else bringing their kids to the Expo? I'll have my 11 year old son in tow and it would be great if there were other kids for him to hang out with.

-Curtiss
I will have an 8 year old and 2 year old at the event..
Glad to see I am not the only one taking a young'n. I'll have my 4 and 6 year old.

phxdsrtrat

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Glendale, AZ
First Name
Curtiss
Last Name
S
Member #

My son is an extremely mature 11 year old and might be able to wrangle in some of the younger attendees. No guarantees here. He may just want to sit in camp and listen to some of dad's audio books.

-Curtiss

shoredreamer

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Cruz
First Name
Chris
Last Name
RRU
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6AZV
I’ll be going with my wife and two kids for the second time. Leaving Wednesday night. We've got the weekend pass with camping so we’ll be camped at the event in our Land Cruiser.50649A25-1981-480F-BB1F-E4AD5AA8EC0F.jpeg Say hi if you see us.

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Yuuup. I'll be in the X Overland booth Thursday-Sun morn, we have a big party on Saturday night in conjunction with Paul May/Equipt and a press release for Expeditions7, I'd love you all to be there.

I'm also doing a Mexico/Central America round table: Saturday, May 19 • 9:00am - 9:50am

ExpeditionUtah is also doing a "Localanding" presentation: Saturday, May 19 • 4:00pm - 4:50pm

See you all there!

Schmitty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Schmitt
Member #

We'll be there Thur afternoon hopefully, currently in Kaibab NF. I think Indy is sick so I'll be heading to Flagstaff tomorrow to get him to a vet since I can't seem to diagnose it. Might end up in a hotel for a night or two :(

Once we are there, Indy is great with kids so feel free to stop by and show him some love.

Stomper4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redding, California
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Looking forward to attending my first Expo this year. Leaving early Thursday morning from Sacramento. 770 miles straight through...
900 miles straight through, leaving wed night from Redding! We're in it for the long haul. See you on the road.

Reactions: Kent R

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

900 miles straight through, leaving wed night from Redding! We're in it for the long haul. See you on the road.
Boise, ID to Flagstaff - via US 93, we're hitting the road at 0700 in the morning, spending 1st night at Valley of Fire, arriving Thursday early-mid day. 937 miles down, 874 miles in return... Looking forward to meeting lots of like-minded folks. We'll be in a Ford Transit Van.

OBiE0311

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

For those that are doing dispersed camping in the forest, are we trying to get in the same area? Do we know who’s heading that up? I probably won’t roll in until late afternoon Thursday

Overland-Equipt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ
Member #

Bah! Was really hoping to head up Thursday after work to get a decent camping spot at Expo. My daughter has a kindergarten program that night that MOM is insisting she goes too! Boo! Guess we will be up EARLY Friday morning from PHX.

itsdchz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Clovis, CA
Member #

We arrive too late to get into the camping area Friday.. Stinks they will not let us in after dark, but I understand why. We will try to secure a spot on Saturday morning.

Overland-Equipt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ
Member #

We arrive too late to get into the camping area Friday.. Stinks they will not let us in after dark, but I understand why. We will try to secure a spot on Saturday morning.
Yea, I'm kind of in the same boat. I'd go ahead on up Thursday evening if they'd let me in. O well, is what it is.

Reactions: itsdchz