Who's all going to Overland Expo West 2018?

• HTML tutorial

CABill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California
Member #

I'll be heading there. Anyone driving out from SF Bay Area let me know. Maybe we can Caravan.

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

We're heading down from Boise, ID... Wheels yet to be determined. Most likely Highway 93 South, to Interstate 15, 93 into Kingman and 40 into Flagstaff. It will also be our first time!

Smokey_Bear_JLUR

Rank V
Launch Member

Explorer I

Oakville, MO, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Kuhn
Member #

Service Branch
LEO (Ret'd)
Well, I got an email today from the expo.....sounds like I didn't make the cut for volunteering. :( Oh, well...maybe next year. Regardless, I have it on my calendar and plan on showing up. Hoping to meet a bunch OB'ers while out there!

AuburninAZ

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Buckeye, Arizona
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Baker
Member #

We will be there and looking forward to it. We also made our camping reservation at a flag KOA...wife and kids didn't want to tent it this time so we are hauling the trailer. I got out voted this time. I suppose compromise is good sometimes!

Reactions: David C Gibbs

NightCrawler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Moreno Valley, Ca
First Name
Steven
Last Name
DeLong
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7DTH
The girlfriend and I will be heading out there as well...can't wait to soak up all the info and meet with other overlanders.

Reactions: AuburninAZ

HIALT2D

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Orange County, CA
First Name
Glen
Last Name
Stanley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WA6AAB
We are excited to be taking "The Beast" to our first OE. We are hoping to get in on one of the caravans/convoys leaving from the So Cal area as well. Although I may have overdone it a bit signing up for 3 days of classes, one of the main reasons for going is to get a chance to talk to some folks and see what they have done with their rigs. And in our spare time we plan to do a little mountain biking, hiking, exploring, fishing........... :tonguewink:

Reactions: KSTrekker

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I just reserved the on site camping for the weekend. I'll be there in my JKUR (below) and my buddy will be in his TJ.

Reactions: Whiteknuckler

KSTrekker

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lenexa, KS
Member #

I just reserved the on site camping for the weekend. I'll be there in my JKUR (below) and my buddy will be in his TJ.

I tried to get a reserved campsite when I registered, but they were all taken. I’m going to try to get there early on Thursday to get a good spot. I would definitely like to be close to other Rocky Mountain OB members.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

Maybe reserved was a bad choice of words. I bought the Weekend with Camping package. And I have no clue about were Rocky Mountain OB members would be. I'm not actually a member yet.

SoCOTaco

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Monument, CO
Member #

Maybe reserved was a bad choice of words. I bought the Weekend with Camping package. And I have no clue about were Rocky Mountain OB members would be. I'm not actually a member yet.
Hey man, I know there's a local caravan leaving from Denver on Thursday AM. I'm going to lump a Moab/Utah/Lake Powell trip on before Expo West, as it'll only leave me a 2ish hour drive on Thursday. If you want to add some fun onto the front end of the trip, let me know, I'd be glad to have you or other OB members come along! Otherwise, I'll be starting a PM to try to coordinate some plans as we get closer to the event.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

I don't think I'll have the time to run a pre trip like that, but it sounds fun. One of my Jeep'n buddies is going to go to the Expo as well now, so we might run some dirt headed down if we can squeeze and extra day out.

kaylodad

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Denver
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Hollenbaugh
Service Branch
USAF
I'm heading out from Denver on Wednesday mid-day, probably stay in Gallup and then get to Expo around lunch on Thursday. First time to expo so don't know anything but happy to meet up.

Schmitty

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Spokane, WA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Schmitt
Member #

Indy and I will be there in my F150. We'll be about a week or so into our 3 week road/offroad trip from Spokane down through the Southwest. Looking forward to meeting folks and checking out cool rigs and gear. If you see one of the two handsome buggers in my profile pic, that'll be us.

Reactions: KSTrekker

Edge

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I'm going for the first time. I'm new to overlanding so I have alot to learn. Planning to leave Santa Cruz County the morning of the 13th, stay a couple of nights in the Mojave and then a couple of nights on the rim of the canyon before showing up Thursday noonish. If anyone would like to join me for the pre-event camping, that would be great. Let me know!
Ed

Edge

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

I'll be heading there. Anyone driving out from SF Bay Area let me know. Maybe we can Caravan.
Hi Bill -
Not sure if you can leave early, but I'm planning to leave Santa Cruz County the morning of the 13th, stay a couple of nights in the Mojave and then a couple of nights on the rim of the canyon before showing up at the Expo Thursday noonish. If you would like to join me for the pre-event camping, that would be great. Let me know!
Ed