Who's all going to Overland Expo West 2018?

• HTML tutorial

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

I wish we could make Overland Expo West this year but the schedule was just too full for this time of the year. We plan to be at Expo East in the fall though.

Etoimos

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Peyton, CO
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Upton
Member #

For those that have gone before, how is the vendor area and should I budget extra cash for parts and stuff?
I've never been myself either, but I'm sure it one of those places you are better off taking cash and leaving the credit card at home. lol

CABill

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

California
Member #

Hi Bill -
Not sure if you can leave early, but I'm planning to leave Santa Cruz County the morning of the 13th, stay a couple of nights in the Mojave and then a couple of nights on the rim of the canyon before showing up at the Expo Thursday noonish. If you would like to join me for the pre-event camping, that would be great. Let me know!
Ed
That might work out. Are you going to the meet up on the 21st is san jose. We could discuss then.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Catalina Avenue, Tucson, AZ, USA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
My wife and I just signed up for the single day pass - she wants to look at RTT's. I went last year for the whole weekend experience and it was a bit much and I don't want her to get burned out our 1st weekend. Since we live in Phoenix, we will be going up for the day on Sunday - about half price from Saturday's price.

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I'll be there. Went last year, but this is the first year I'll be bringing the wife.

ben
What day are you going? We chose Sunday due to the tickets being almost half price. Why do they need to charge so much just to walk around and get dusty???

armourbl

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Phoenix, AZ
Member #

What day are you going? We chose Sunday due to the tickets being almost half price. Why do they need to charge so much just to walk around and get dusty???
We are going Sunday. Already ordered the tickets. Would have maybe camped and done more of the activities if our Jeep were set up more. I need the wife to see all of the cool stuff and see what motivates her. We can see it all in one day, so we'll just make it a day trip. She isn't afraid of sleeping on the ground, but she also likes to have all of the comforts that are reasonable.

ben

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
We are doing the same - trying to get my wife more into the whole thing. We will be heading up early in the morning to avoid the lines.

GeoYota

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Escondido, CA
Member #

We are attending from SoCal...camping in a secluded spot away from OE to save some $$$ and dust...we will be at Expo on Saturday and taking a casual drive back to San Diego on Sunday with friends.

Hope to meet a few OB members...we will be in our black Toyota Tacoma DC 4x4 with OB Badge #11626 on it.

IMG_9277.JPG

Reactions: KSTrekker

Graeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

First Name
Todd
Last Name
Hoffmaster
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7CRJ
Service Branch
Air Force
I will be the guy with my 4xOverland.com hat on and walking with a woman complaining about how hot and dusty it is, and why does every rtt look the same, blah, blah, blah... JK she is slowly starting to get into this concept of I need more toys.
It is too soon to figure out the weather situation just yet - as long as it is not raining on Sunday we will be fine, though rain does keep the dust down..

KSTrekker

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Lenexa, KS
Member #

We will be there in a black Land Rover LR4 and XVenture XV-2 trailer OB#9644. I hope everyone is aware of the high fire danger precautions. The last update I had said that you can only cook with propane stoves and it has to be table height. You also need to have a fire extinguisher handy. Also fire pits (even propane) are not allowed. A little rain before the event would be nice to lessen the fire danger and the dust!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

I am going!

I am volunteering to work the event and will be arriving Wednesday. On Wednesday evening I am going to check out the Overland Expo Gear & Beer + COOL RIDE! Party! event in Downtown Flagstaff

Stomper4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Redding, California
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Carlson
Member #

Me and my better half will be there! Driving straight through Wed night, close to 1000 miles from far northern CA in our old 92 4Runner. It's already got over 300k miles, needs some more :)
We have weekend passes, then Sunday we're going to head out and take a week coming back, through the Grand Canyon, some Rt 66, then on and offroad through Nevada.
We ought to all try and grab a spot in the camp area together.

Reactions: John~SWNM

Overland-Equipt

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Surprise, AZ
Member #

I will be there with my two kiddos. Ended up buying the full ride, figured I could catch a few classes since there is childcare. I'll be either coming up Thursday evening or Friday morning, understand camping fills in quick so hoping to get out of work a little early on Thursday to head on up before dark. Green JKU and Tan RTT on a trailer, come say Hi...my kids love people.

drrobinson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Evergreen, CO, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0DRR
We are leaving from Denver on Thursday morning. Any suggestions for a secluded place to stay Thursday night short of venue? Camping in reserved for the weekend, but want to split up the drive.