Who makes the best, well constructed solar kit for RVs ?

• HTML tutorial

The Traveling Shepherd

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Michigan
Member #

I'm looking for a total self install kit with an inverter , 200-300 watts. Who makes the best in your opinion and why ?
Please also include a link.

Last edited:

FireMedicPQ1

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5PCB
I just use the 100w panel/charger/controller combo I got from Harbor Freight. I think it was somewhere in the $100-150 range (it was a while ago). It is not super portable, which about a 2X3 foot panel which I store on the RV bed when towing, then set up at camp. It keeps the batteries charged for use when dry camping. Enough to run lights, furnace, water pump. Sorry I don't have a link - but I am sure you can find it at the HF page.

Sidewindr

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles CA
Member #

i'm running the Renogy Solar 300 Watt solar kit on my 22" RV. i've had it for a few years now. No problem at al.
Started with 100 Watt kit, and then added 2 more panels. (because i had the space).
300 Watt is a bit overkill as i can fully charge my duo-12V batteries by mid morning after draining it all night.
https://www.renogy.com/renogy-100-watt-12-volt-solar-rv-kit/
Easy to install, comes with everything you need. There's also Portable kits and flexible panels now available as well.

armymgdude

Rank IV

Advocate II

Olympia, WA
I went with Zamp for my RV since it's prewired for it. I have 300watts with one roof mount panel and one portable. I have the 2000watt inverter, and with 4 6 volt batteries, I run satellite tv and all the rest of the normal trailer stuff. It is a great kit, but not the cheapest.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
I havent tried them but I'm kinda interested in some of the self adhesive flexable panels. You can walk on them and they're real low profile. Google or Youtube search will bring them up.

Reactions: blackntan

ArkansasDon

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Renogy Wanderer 30amp Charge Controller with battery temperature sensor. Battery is VMax Tank 125amp hour . This battery has a 10 to 12 year life span.
I'm running 2 100 watt Renogy Portable Suit Case Panels (one 100watt shown) were I can run them together or just use one 100 watt panel. I have 20ft of 10 awg cable to move the panels or panel were ever need to.
007.JPG 014.JPG 010.JPG