Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

How do u like Raptor ? What is the suspension lift, and did u do any hard off-road ? Tasmania ?
Cant fault the raptor mate! What Ford have done in this 'Next-Gen Ranger Raptor' is outstanding. These trucks just shouldnt be this quick. I had the PX2 Wildtrak and it was an absolute workhorse, and whilst I have less towing capacity, I dont need the 3500kg as my camper isnt even close to that.
The suspension is FOX 2.5” Live Valve Internal Bypass Shock Absorbers.
As for hard off-road - Ill be doing more beach running and outback trails, I wont be rock climbing etc. I've just picked up my Patriot Camper X3, and making plans for the following;
1. Canberra -> Adelaide -> Perth -> Coral Coast 2024
2. Canberra -> Cairns -> Kununurra -> Broome Horizontal Falls 2025
3. In saying that, Im off to Fraser Island next month for a few weeks which Im looking forward too! (and to give it a squirt in Baja mode).
Tasmania is so different to the Mainland, stunning and rugged, and the west side of it is extremelty unforgiving especially with the cold from Antartica. Where as up north, is hot, like a whole new level of hot, but stunning as well. So it really depends on what you want to experience as Australia is so vast and one extreme to another.

Last edited:

DaleRF

Rank VII
Investor

Pioneer II

Sierra Vista Southeast, AZ, USA
First Name
DALE
Last Name
FOLLETTE
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JDA
Service Branch
US Army CWO (Ret)
Can fault the raptor mate! What Ford have done in this 'Next-Gen Ranger Raptor' is outstanding. These trucks just shouldnt be this quick. I had the PX2 Wildtrak and it was an absolute workhorse, and whilst I have less towing capacity, I dont need the 3500kg as my camper isnt even close to that.
The suspension is FOX 2.5” Live Valve Internal Bypass Shock Absorbers.
As for hard off-road - Ill be doing more beach running and outback trails, I wont be rock climbing etc. I've just picked up my Patriot Camper X3, and making plans for the following;
1. Canberra -> Adelaide -> Perth -> Coral Coast 2024
2. Canberra -> Cairns -> Kununurra -> Broome Horizontal Falls 2025
3. In saying that, Im off to Fraser Island next month for a few weeks which Im looking forward too! (and to give it a squirt in Baja mode).
Tasmania is so different to the Mainland, stunning and rugged, and the west side of it is extremelty unforgiving especially with the cold from Antartica. Where as up north, is hot, like a whole new level of hot, but stunning as well. So it really depends on what you want to experience as Australia is so vast and one extreme to another.
Enjoy those planned adventures - they sound incredible! :astonished: