What's your latest camping gear purchase, and what caused you to buy it?

• HTML tutorial

WalkerTexasRanger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Idaho
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Choate
Member #

Purchased this ARB 2500X2500 AWNING ROOM.

Why.!??

Well for starters it made my wife very happy and I'm all about that.!
Another reason is more livable/usable space for our adventures. With a small space heater on low with all sides closed it can get pretty toasty.! Also. Kept us out of the rain first night we deployed it until we could get into the tent when the rain stopped.! Highly recommend this product.!
How fast is set up and tear down for it? Looks nice!

Reactions: sabjku

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Purchased this ARB 2500X2500 AWNING ROOM.

Why.!??

Well for starters it made my wife very happy and I'm all about that.!
Another reason is more livable/usable space for our adventures. With a small space heater on low with all sides closed it can get pretty toasty.! Also. Kept us out of the rain first night we deployed it until we could get into the tent when the rain stopped.! Highly recommend this product.!
The ARB awning rooms are simply AWESOME! You can not beat them, especially for the price! I've had mine for a few years and would never get rid of it. And the setup and takedown is a piece of cake. I've used my Buddy heater in mine a few times as well, and it definitely does get warm and cozy.

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

victron energy pure sine 300 w inverter, and watthounde 100 w solar panel case to top up the auxiliary battery.
If stay 2 days in a camp, my 100 AH deep cycle does not manage to power the fridge. ( it is a snomaster 35l , not good draws to much power for what it is.. )

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Oh, that's tempting. Though I already have a 0°, and would probably want to bump down to a - 30° bag.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

I ordered a few things the other day... I've got a GasOne gs3400p dual fuel single burner stove with a wind screen, a Guide Gear -15 sleeping bag and a Gazelle T3 on the way. Should be here Monday. I think the bag is due to be here Wed or Thurs.

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Bought a GoPower Rechargeable Waterproof Flameless Lighter & LED Flashlight. Stumbled across it at Walmart; been looking on and off since Expo East where I saw a vendor using a similar one. This ARC lighter has the bonus of the built in flashlight. It is USB rechargeable so it can pretty much stay in the car/truck. Also comes with a neck lanyard so your camping buddies can't run off with it. Going to have to go back and pick up a couple for each vehicle; not a bad tool for only $15.00.

Reactions: Munga Brown

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I ordered a few things the other day... I've got a GasOne gs3400p dual fuel single burner stove with a wind screen, a Guide Gear -15 sleeping bag and a Gazelle T3 on the way. Should be here Monday. I think the bag is due to be here Wed or Thurs.
Those stoves are great! I have one as well.

Reactions: Munga Brown

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
I have a Gazelle T3 and a sleeping pad in the Amazon Cart, will be ordering both when I get home today! Even though I have a RTT I wanted a fast deploying sturdy ground tent too. There are campgrounds out there that have tent sites that have tent pads where I can't deploy my RTT, I'll use the Gazelle for those instances and when I plan to camp but do a lot of trail driving. My guess is my boys will use it too sometimes rather than be up in the RTT tent with me, apparently I snore too loud for them!

Last edited:

Bucman20

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Naples FL
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Nichols
Member #

Bluetti 1500wh solar generator, ran the Dometic 75 for five days before I had to recharge it. Panels next on the list

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Bought two more of the GoPower Rechargeable Waterproof Flameless Lighter & LED Flashlight; liked the first one so much I figured it would be nice to have a couple extra just in case. Can never have too many flashlights or means of making fire. Also picked up another fire extinguisher for the truck; heard stories about only having one not being enough. It's a big truck; I figure it is good for the extra weight.
IMG_0280.JPG