What's your latest camping gear purchase, and what caused you to buy it?

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

MegaBug

Rank VII

Advocate II

Colwood, BC, Canada
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Lester
Member #

I finally solved a long standing irritant when driving dusty back roads. The problem was pulling into camp, opening up the door to the trailer and finding the bedding covered in fine dust. It drives me NUTS! I've tried all sorts of things to fix it and after searching online I've learned this is a common problem.
Well, I've just installed a Sy-Klone RESPA cabin pressurization unit to the roof rack and plumbed it into the cabin. The positive pressure will prevent the ingress of dust, and as it runs only when the vehicle is running (and is also switched) it won't drain my house batteries.
I haven't yet had the chance to test it on the dirt but I'm convinced this will make me a much happier camper at the end of the day :-)

Attachments

Reactions: Road and Andrew452

Andrew452

Rank III

Member III

San Jacinto, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Perez
Member #

I recently purchased a pair of Beyond Bungee tie downs for my pop up campers canopy, there were no existing rope to tie it down with and I had recently received one in my BattlBox Subscription. So I bought 2 more because how how amazingly easy they are to use! I’ll add the link below so you can check them out!

Attachments

Reactions: Skrbrown and Road

Roots66

SouthWest Region Member Rep Texas

Member III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF / FEMA CERT
Needed something quick and easy for those times when we show up on site way after dark or when it's a weekend trip and the Kodiak is just too much. $75 from Walmart, delivered.
media.jpgIMAG1580.jpg

JeepingMike

Rank III

Member III

Greencastle, PA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Stern
Member #

Ham Callsign
KB7THL
Jetboil Genesis Basecamp System
I needed a new stove to replace my 30 year old Coleman. The adaptability and compactness of the stove and pot/pan got my attention. Used it for the first time to make breakfast, didn't even go crazy with it and am happy. Easy to use, easy to clean up, easy to pack away.
media.jpg