What Trail Condition Do You Fear The Most?

• HTML tutorial

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

I hated the random very soft sand patches when I was on the beach. Now I hate mud that has a thin crust of dried earth that breaks when weight is placed on it and instantly bogs vehicles. It suctions the vehicle down so breaking free is very difficult and tires won't clear properly.

Reactions: 4xFar Adventures

MarkW

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

I would say muddy ascents or descents with little or no control probably top my list especially on shelf roads/trails. Second would be off camber but my pucker alarm goes off well before I am really in any danger. I do feel a lot better about them since I moved most of my tools and gear from a case on the rack to a drawer system in the cargo area though.

Fatsquatch

Rank III

Advocate II

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Thompson
All of my trail experience has been here in the midwest and the odds of getting yourself killed on a trail ride around here are pretty low unless you're just obscenely stupid or actively trying to die. So, I'd say shelf roads are what worry me the most. I've never driven on anything like them and knowing that in places like Black Bear Pass a single mistake can get you dead is a real concern.

offroadohio

Rank IV

Advocate II

If I had to pick one it would the ascents. I'm generally okay if there's a whole group of us and I've watched others do it butt I tried to avoid anything that gives me legitimate chance of flipping over backwards and a rolling to the bottom without anything to stop me

Robby

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tulare, Tulare County, California, United States
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Gill
Member #