What Trail Condition Do You Fear The Most?

• HTML tutorial
S

SubeeBen

@Jku Ben
Hey man no worries I know exactly what your getting at, and your "2 cents" is not coming across as negative or judgmental because the truth is the truth! lol
Thanks for the support ✌Really don’t mean to be judging but I see more people with a big bank account than a real passion or desire to get out there & live it

Reactions: Kyle & Kari Frink

Kyle & Kari Frink

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

San Diego, California
Member #

@Jku Ben

No Worries man!

I hear you, but sometimes those people with "big bank accounts" do have that passion and do get out there.

I currently serve in the military, and have 3 other mouths to feed besides my own. So I totally am not in that "big bank account" category.
Trying to get there though lol.
Don't get me wrong I do really well for my family and I like most people have bills to pay and priorities. However we still make the effort as much as possible to get out there and explore.
As you say LIVE IT!

Just an example even though our family adventure rig is also the wife's daily driver (but as far as that is concerned we drive it way more to explore off road than around town).

Her rig has gone from Hawaii to Washington and now to California.

The majority of the miles we put on our Jeep is exploring, and off roading. We bought her Jeep (our second Jeep by the way lol) used with 38,000 miles 3 years ago.
We are about to roll over 86,000 miles, now keep in mind that for the first year (less than a year to be specific) we had the jeep on a little itty bitty island lol called O'ahu.
When we got to Washington it only had 48,000 miles on it. So over a 2 year period we have put 38,000 miles on our Rig.

That might not be a lot to some, but that's a whole lot more per year than the national average of a normal cars mileage per year.

2,000 of those miles was from us recently moving to California.
We tent camped 10 days/nights in a row all the way down here from Washington, following all the National Parks/Forests the whole way down.

Reactions: sabjku

Titan Tom

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Los Angeles
Member #

With our rig being a full size 99 F250, I have to say being right On The Edge- If I move 3" over I'll roll 1000' down the face of this mountain - and not seeing this till we are well along the track and it keeps getting narrower and narrower with no place to turn back.

7,900 lbs on the side of a drop off is eye opening!

This does not look bad but around the corner are more rocks on the right at road level and wash outs on the left. The pinch is coming.

View attachment 61439
Where is that trail?

Sent from my SM-N950U using OB Talk mobile app

MtnManAlex

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Long, straight, paved trails with suggested speed limits over 70. Those are the worst. My lifted short wheelbase Jeep does better than I expected, but comfortably I max out cruising at 70-75. The Jeep is happier around 55-60. If it's a windy day? Get ready for traffic cause I'll be slowing the whole trail down.

Roam_CO85

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Loveland, CO, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Barch
Member #

Id have to say accents that all you can see is the sky.. was on a trail the other day that had a big steep climb you can stick your head out the window an still have trouble seeing. The type that have a pucker factor closer to a 10+ I drive an automatic transmission but you give her hell tell your at the top. Slipping in loose gravel and rocks.. a month ago same hill heard a 4runner stalled out close to the top. No engine means no brakes. rolled it halfway down the hill. She was ok. Truck ended up hung up on a tree. Recovery pulled it off on all fours. Heard that it drove out but yeah you start slipping on those steep hills. That spinkter muscle are like nope! Straight up and straight down on ether side is fine all day long. That rolling backwards gets me everytime.

Reactions: MtnManAlex

J&J Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Soulsbyville, CA 95372, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

[QUOTE="Off Camber (Side Slope)- How much higher is this rock on my side? The passenger can touch the ground with their hand. (ALWAYS KEEP BODY PARTS IN THE VEHICLE!)
[/QUOTE]
My wife absolutely hates half Cambor. But We both agree with Jonovision That "Trail closed" is the worst.

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

Mud. I DETEST digging out. It especially sucks when I've got the heaviest rig on the trail (which is all the time) and suddenly my wheeling partners start losing confidence in their winches...