Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
I'll be jumping to 37x12.5r20 Cooper STT's before next winter most likely.

I hate 20" wheels. Would rather stick with 18's. But E rated 3750# tires might be better if I go the slide in camper route.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trail_pilot

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Initially BFG KO2's in 265/70/17 (31.5")
Then on to Milestar Patagonia 285/70/17 (honest 33" tire)
Just ordered Kenda Klever KR601 R/T - 35*/10.5/17 (narrow 34" when mounted)

Running a 2" AEV lift on the JKU. Looking to see how this R/T runs as a DD and trails. Snowed here finally last night but the tires wont be in until Monday.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

Initially BFG KO2's in 265/70/17 (31.5")
Then on to Milestar Patagonia 285/70/17 (honest 33" tire)
Just ordered Kenda Klever KR601 R/T - 35*/10.5/17 (narrow 34" when mounted)

Running a 2" AEV lift on the JKU. Looking to see how this R/T runs as a DD and trails. Snowed here finally last night but the tires wont be in until Monday.

Let us know what you think of those kendas, been eyeballing them the 35x10.50 is the perfect size .

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
I'll be jumping to 37x12.5r20 Cooper STT's before next winter most likely.

I hate 20" wheels. Would rather stick with 18's. But E rated 3750# tires might be better if I go the slide in camper route.
I'm running the 37x12.5r17 STT pros on mine. So far so good. I basically put them on before a 1600 km road trip to go wheel in Rausch Creek for a few days and go meet up with some guys I deal with through work. have put a few trips on them now and they seem to be wearing well but i keep them at a fairly low pressure to get even wear with the slightly stiffer sidewall ( on a relatively light Jeep). i run 6-8 PSI offroad and roughly 27 on road. Not sure what your running but with a 20" rim it must be bigger than mine LOL.

Reactions: MidOH

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
2017 F250 6.2l CC,SB, Fx4.

I estimate that ''overlanding'' hardside campers will be about 2000#.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Just switched from 35" Nitto Trail and Ridge Grapplers(ran both) to the 38" Milestar Patagonias. Night and day difference in ROAD feel(my Jeep is a daily driver), much better at not picking up rocks and gravel on Forest roads, and even better in mud. Haven't had much of a chance to use them in many dry, off-road'ish conditions just yet. And you can not beat the price of the Pat's. Totally happy with them.

Embark With Mark

Rank V
Founder 500

Explorer I

Ridgecrest, California, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
EWM
Member #

I run 33/10.5r15s on mine. I was running with 35s but there where a few things I disliked about a wide tire. Also I was running just enough lift to sneak the 35s under ( 3.5" lift with a 1.25" body lift). While this worked, I did not have much up travel. I love the tire size now and honesty the narrow tire look is really growing on me. I rock crawl my jeep to its been all over CA and many other states. Ive wheeled with many tire sizes on it and honesty a 33 has never stopped me from running a trail. Yes I have to be better at picking a line and the winch might come out slightly more often, but hey that just makes the trails a little more fun. Oh and the extra 3mpg I picked up is a nice little side befit. :tearsofjoy:
Though the 35s I had before make my jeep just... look good lol. pics for reference. ( top is 35s lower is 33s). IMG_2842.jpgIMG_0663.jpeg

Last edited: