Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
Im just running 245/70r16s on the Escape. Mostly because I bought them before I was taking the rig out. I'm thinking next time around I might see if 31s will fit. I really don't do anything beyond forest service roads though so I don't need much.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trail_pilot

Bob (Fishingbob)

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Aransas Pass, Texas
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Burton
Member #

BF Goodrich 305/70R/17 Mud (MT) --34"--2015 JKU 2 1/2" Rock Krawler lift mostly driven on road/beaches/deep sand, dirt roads-overlanding in general -no hard rock crawling. I got about 40,000 out of my last set.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

I went with 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on the Colorado. After a couple thousand miles I'm pretty happy with the ride and they're not nearly as noisy as many of the other MT tires I've run in the past.View attachment 139609

It may just be me but that the first Colorado I’ve seen on 37s . Details ??

Overmodified

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Star, Idaho, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Spencer
Member #

It may just be me but that the first Colorado I’ve seen on 37s . Details ??
The list of modifications is crazy long. Short version is cut off everything behind the transmission and replace..

I chose to start with a factory V8 2010 and added a high pinion Dana 44 front axle, 14 bolt rear, both locked with ARBs.
3.8 Atlas transfer case, ORI Struts and a whole lot of custom fab work since there is no aftermarket support for the 1st gen Colorado’s. I’m just finishing up the last few camping mods and can’t wait for spring!

That 2nd gen Colorado sure does look nice on 37s.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

That does look like a tight fit! Looks great though!
Aye, 33s are great for a daily driven rig and 35s are the best bet for a more off-road rig. 37s really start to push it for these trucks. A lot of fender work is required and the likelihood of breaking a CV goes way up with the front locker on the ZR2 but only a Dana 32.

obrianmcc

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Idaho
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McCrosky
Member #

35s on the xterra , thankfully due to choosing a light tire and wheel I only lost 1-2 mpg . As weird as is sounds the Nissan has plenty of grunt out of the v6 ( who ever thought anyone would say a Nissan has power lol) so freeway driving at 75 is not a problem so freeway travel is a breeze .
If your referring to the VQ40 ... that's a respectable little motor.

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Currently on milestar 35x12.5x18 maybe end of the yr i can go up to a 37 on the silverado

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Aye, 33s are great for a daily driven rig and 35s are the best bet for a more off-road rig. 37s really start to push it for these trucks. A lot of fender work is required and the likelihood of breaking a CV goes way up with the front locker on the ZR2 but only a Dana 32.
That's basically true with Jeeps as well. I think very few of really "need" 37's(38's in my case), but damn, they look good! My Jeep definitely drove and handled better with 35's.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

@Smileyshaun

Kenda Klever KR601 R/T 35/10.5/17. Snowed the day after I had them mounted. Drove like the roads were dry. Rain for two days and because the actual tread sits inside the fender, no spray on the side of the vehicle. AEV Saltas with 5.2" backspace. Weight was 61lbs + 26lb wheels = 87lbs per corner. 34" on the dot mounted and on the ground.

Attachments

QDman

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alpine, CA, USA
First Name
RANDY
Last Name
GIBSON
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB6JJR
I'm still running the stock 32s on my JK. It's my daily driver and I don't get out on the trails as much as I'd like, so it's fine for now.

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

@Smileyshaun

Kenda Klever KR601 R/T 35/10.5/17. Snowed the day after I had them mounted. Drove like the roads were dry. Rain for two days and because the actual tread sits inside the fender, no spray on the side of the vehicle. AEV Saltas with 5.2" backspace. Weight was 61lbs + 26lb wheels = 87lbs per corner. 34" on the dot mounted and on the ground.
Can you take a closeup of the tread ? Internet pics never do tires justice .

Reactions: USStrongman

64Trvlr

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Northern AZ
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Trvlr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7NAZ
Service Branch
MM1 US Navy
I like tall, skinny tires they work well in almost all the off roading I've done on the last 50 or so years. I have 2 different tires I run on my Willys. I have a set of 34-9.50 x 15 Super Swampers for mud and a set of 33-10.50 x 15 BFG KO2's for the other 90% of my driving.