• HTML tutorial

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Curious to see what size tires most are running. I know my rig is a little on the large size with a 37" but I use mine as a rock crawler for events. I am assuming most vehicles are either stock or slightly built with a 32"-33" tire. I may look into building a smaller rig some time down the road but for now I am working with what i have ... a rock crawler with next to no creature comforts LOL.
1580827323942.png

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Had 35's on my TJ and hated driving it across the country. When you live in the middle of the USA, it is customary to spend at least 1 day traveling to access any decent public lands. I did that for about 15 years with big tires on the TJ and did not enjoy it. Naturally I over geared it (5.13's) to suite the 35's so going to a smaller tire was not feasible without redoing expensive work.

I now have skinny 33's on a Land Cruiser and think they are perfect for driving across the country and running trails. For my use and driving +20k miles a year, a big tire would be a poor choice for my rig.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
31's on my WJ. Similar reasons as @KonzaLander stated. I never wanted big tires since I daily my WJ and anywhere I'd like to go to is a days worth of driving, but after driving around in my M715 on 34's (I think), I knew a smaller size was in order for the WJ. With the short lift and newer wheels, I could easily clear 31's without trouble. 32's will fit but I might have to trim. They roll great for the hours and hours of travel and don't disappoint on the trail. I just have to be mindful of the trails I pick and my line.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Not yet Martin... we are on the hunt. @KRose is looking at a Runner this afternoon.
I knew you were looking, saw a thread with a bunch o' leads from folks. I'm excited for her! (And you, too... what's yours is hers & what's hers is hers... or something like that.)

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

35s on the xterra , thankfully due to choosing a light tire and wheel I only lost 1-2 mpg . As weird as is sounds the Nissan has plenty of grunt out of the v6 ( who ever thought anyone would say a Nissan has power lol) so freeway driving at 75 is not a problem so freeway travel is a breeze .

TXJeep

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dallas
First Name
James
Last Name
C
35's with an actual height of 34 inches.

Only 1 inch of lift though. That makes a huge difference in drivability. The Hurricane flares gave me an extra 2 inches of clearance, letting me get away with 35's with plenty of room.

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

I'm on 33s. Might go up to 34 or 35 later when my km3 need replacing.

No lift, but have a 1.5" lift to be installed in the coming weeks.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

275/65/R18 or 32"

My club has a tire size restriction of 33", and I don't think I could fit anything much bigger without some creative cutting anyway, as my STT Pros rub at full lock.

rho

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

SF bae area
First Name
Juliette
Last Name
Penning
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AG6YB
Running 315/75/17's on my JKU, Does everything I want and need it to do. And it drives great still and is well behaved on the pavement. Wifes truck has 285's and thats a good "stock-ish" size for her truck and her needs with the mild lift on it.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

Driving a TJR which has been a typical Wrangler, bigger tires with every new set. 32s, 33s, 35s. A new lift every time too. And watching my gas mileage suffer every time. Now I run 7.50R16s and get an extra 5mpg, from 17 with 33s to 22 with these skinny guys. In 12K miles I save 160gallons, go an extra 95miles between gas stations, drive 3500 of those 12000 miles for free, get a much smoother ride, no longer notice slush or standing water at 70mph......

Yep, I love pizza cutters. Plus they perform better off road.

DSCN1494.jpeg

Last edited:

DBAR

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lebanon, PA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Dunbar
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
33s on my Jeep WJ. I'd love to run 35s but until I get new bumpers that's probably not going to happen.