Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Aye, 33s are great for a daily driven rig and 35s are the best bet for a more off-road rig. 37s really start to push it for these trucks. A lot of fender work is required and the likelihood of breaking a CV goes way up with the front locker on the ZR2 but only a Dana 32.
After seeing what other owners have issues with on ZR2's and Z71's I have settled for 33's on my ZR. Front CV's are maybe the weakest link, can be upgraded if you want to spend the $$$$. AEV should be releasing the 35" wheel well kit soon, it sure is tempting. 35's on a second gen looks great.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
35s on the xterra , thankfully due to choosing a light tire and wheel I only lost 1-2 mpg . As weird as is sounds the Nissan has plenty of grunt out of the v6 ( who ever thought anyone would say a Nissan has power lol) so freeway driving at 75 is not a problem so freeway travel is a breeze .
What did you have to do to run 35s on your Xterra, cut and trim? Re-gear?

Smileyshaun

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Happy Valley, OR, USA
First Name
Shaun
Last Name
Hoffman
Member #

What did you have to do to run 35s on your Xterra, cut and trim? Re-gear?
About 2” of lift , took 2” out of the top of the front fender and 1.5 out of the back of it , moved the rear axle forward a 1/2” . No regear , it could use a little lower gearing but does fine with the stock gears .

Reactions: Itacal

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
About 2” of lift , took 2” out of the top of the front fender and 1.5 out of the back of it , moved the rear axle forward a 1/2” . No regear , it could use a little lower gearing but does fine with the stock gears .
I'd love to see pics of it ...

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I Run 285/70r17 Km2's on my JK with a 2.5 lift. Gets me wherever I want to go. But I have hated how the Km2 handles on the road. Will be moving to a AT tire for sure.

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I Run 285/70r17 Km2's on my JK with a 2.5 lift. Gets me wherever I want to go. But I have hated how the Km2 handles on the road. Will be moving to a AT tire for sure.
Have the same size on my jku but general grabber X3, it drives really nice on road.