• HTML tutorial

erinw.rrc

Rank IV
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Clara. CA
Member #

I only call my rig a name when it breaks down, but I'm pretty sure I'm not allowed to post that here ;-)
It's refreshing to know that Land Rovers aren't the only one's with issues. They always get a bad rap.

So, a friend and I had originally picked the name Sheila for my D4, but it hasn't really stuck... so I'm thinking of calling her Boomer.

Our red RRC is called RedRover for obvious reasons and our black Range Rover is called Rangie. We are all so very original. :tonguewink:

Last edited:

AlysonH

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

It's refreshing to know that Land Rovers aren't the only one's with issues. They always get a bad rap.

So, a friend and I had originally picked the name Sheila for my D4, but it hasn't really stuck... so I'm thinking of calling her Boomer.

Our red RRC is called RedRover for obvious reasons and our black Range Rover is called Rangie. We are all so very original. :tonguewink:
Whoa why Boomer? Is that because you blew up the alternator? Lol

Reactions: erinw.rrc

Ingle939

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plant city Fl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4AYU
IMG_1452.JPG My truck is always filled with camping gear because I have gotten tired of always unloading it. So I'm always driving around with it loaded my friends started calling it The pack mule and I liked it so I went with that for a while till my buddy's mule died and he suggested that we start calling it Pancho after his mule so the that being said she is now named Pancho

Reactions: PuraVida

Bender

Rank 0

Traveler I

"Tacor." A mashup of Tacoma and Trogdor (Homestar Runner). Previously I owned a Juke and had a custom license plates that read, "HAJUKN" Gamers loved it. Got a lot of compliments. Tacor might be a bit of a stretch tho... The GPS is named, Janice.

Reactions: RaggedViking

Tom K

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Zürich, Switzerland
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6JHR
Matilda. I guess because FJs are popular down under. After I named it I found out my sister had a Jeep named the same when she lived in Egypt for a while. Just got the plates.

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

Pugsley the 306, because it's a Peugeot 306 convertible and Pugsley Addams is my favorite person from the Addams Family (the black and white version).

kcsaysngo

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA
Member #

You always see the Jeep folks with their vehicles named on their hoods...names like "Dominator" or "Slayer"....and it got me wondering if other people, jeep or otherwise, have named their rigs. So....

...Whats your rig's name and why did you name it that?

Mine is Caird, named after the small boat James Caird. The James Caird was a 22.5ft life boat that arguably saved the lives of Ernest Shackleton and the crew of the Endurance in 1916. The Endurance was trapped in the ice in the Weddell Sea of Antarctica and eventually sank. While the overall story of the Endurance is quite a good one, the Caird is known for the open ocean journey from Elephant Island to South Georgia, 800 miles in rough seas (at times 100ft swells) and no navigation except stars and luck. When you consider the size of the ocean, the size of South Georgia, and the fact that past that is just the open Atlantic, it was a miracle they landed on South Georgia.

In the spirit of overlanding, and the fact that my rig is my life boat, I named my 4Runner Caird.

haha! love this thread, i've always named my rigs and always get asked why...
my first rig was named cinderella, because when i first got her i was poor & she was stock and i emptied my wallet buying her. then i slowly did my mods and she became my princess.
well this time i named my rig FIONA, after Shreks wife in the disney movie.. why? because my rig is a beast but at the same time she is beautiful :) !