What is your rigs name

• HTML tutorial

benzfanatical

Rank 0

Traveler I

Gallup, New Mexico
Member #

Bessie. When I turned 16 my I paid my Dad $75 a month to buy his 1987 Ford Ranger from him for my first vehicle. The family had always called that truck Bessie, I don't really remember why. To this day it was one of the best vehicles I ever owned. With close to 400,000 miles on the odometer (and being a dumb 18 year old) I rolled Bessie 3 1/2 times and ended up hanging upside down from my seat belt in a ditch. I probably should have been dead, or at least suffered more injuries than the small scratch I got on my right elbow. Looking at pictures of the truck later the realization hit that the only areas of the cab not crushed were exactly where my girlfriend and I had been seated. That truck could have very well saved our lives.

I've owned a lot of vehicles since then: Mercury Tracer, Chevy S10, 2 more Rangers, 4 F150's and a Jeep. I've not loved any of them enough to bestow the name Bessie upon them. This Tacoma however...is Bessie reincarnated.

I've got a Bessy too! Cheers!

Reactions: ... and jrbechthold

Contributor I

Don't really have a name other than the shitbox (she has really tested my patience these last couple of years and has nearly been sold a few times) when I had both of them I called them Danny Green (local boxer here is Australia) and Snow White, I'll let you decide which was which :wink:

Only pic I have of the two bonding :weary:

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
Welcome Aboard!

Underneath, the text box, where you compose your post, is "Upload a File" button.

Get er' done!!!

Reactions: Jose